• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The new normal

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post

Well...er...ummm....NO! I don't have any that are BNIB. I have three that are LBNIB. But you make a good point, I would not take a loss on them. In fact, I will admit it, to get them from me, you would have to pay a premium for them.
Gouger!

Dang, you mean all I have to do is admit that I will not sell some of my revolvers for a loss, and I will get called a Gouger! Well, I can add Gouger to the list of names I have been called on ODT. And this list is longer than some members ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by JWC View Post

Well...er...ummm....NO! I don't have any that are BNIB. I have three that are LBNIB. But you make a good point, I would not take a loss on them. In fact, I will admit it, to get them from me, you would have to pay a premium for them.
Gouger!

Dang, you mean all I have to do is admit that I will not sell some of my revolvers for a loss, and I will get called a Gouger! Well, I can add Gouger to the list of names I have been called on ODT. And this list is longer than some members ignore list.

You know I was just messing with you! :D

100% false, this site popped up because another site closed down their classifieds, that's it. Had nothing to do with fighting censorship or regulation and everything to do with trying to continue a hobby I had become addicted to.

What exactly have I done or changed to make it more about site traffic than quality of members? The major rules have remained essentially the same since the beginning.

Exactly, it's a free market and it will do what it wants. You may not like what the free market is doing but we can't change it with more rules and regulations. Gun & ammo prices and availability go up and down so the market fluctuates like any other sector does. You may not like it but the market does what it wants despite how we may feel about it.

There are TONS of deals to be had here, they just don't last more than a minute or two because they are deals and everyone knows it when they see it. The higher priced stuff is what hangs around for a while.

And have you ever considered that people have done their research and decided they are willing to pay the higher price for something? Should the freedom to buy what you want at the price you want be taken away because you disagree with it?

I love the innocence routine but it isn't working for you, while your intention may have been noble, what you ended up doing is posting a lower price directly in someone's ad which has been against the rules since the beginning, that has not changed.

And stonewall is the ****ing man and without him this site would be the wild west and I would never get any sleep. Criticizing him because you continuously break the rules is ridiculous, it's not the cops fault if you're dumb enough to continuously break the law over and over. And maybe my math is a little rusty, but I believe 6 out of 13 is slightly less than 99%, but I can say that I agree with 100% of the infractions you have been given.

You get out of it what you put into it. If you watch the site like a hawk and have quick mouse clicking skills you will get amazing deals every day. If you just stop in and casually browse most of what you're going to see is the left overs that will most likely be overpriced.

Gouger! Just kidding, but there is a great point within this. A lot of people weren't caught with their pants down like some others were (including me, I had almost nothing when **** got crazy), and they may have an abundance of stuff that they are willing to part with but aren't going to do it for what they paid for it, should they just not list it at all? Personally I love the opportunity to at least have the option to buy items that I can't find anywhere else or are in very low supply.

Truth is, I think a lot of folks here forget that we have a ridiculously huge silent majority that apparently doesn't care about what other people do with their stuff, and that is very reassuring to me.

During most of the crisis we have had about 15 mods total. If 13,000+ active members felt and acted like a few of you do we would not be able to control it, just would not be possible. Fact is, only 48 users as of right now have an acitve infractions on this entire site, and only 185 users have an active warning. If even 1,000 users felt and acted like the 48 that have infractions we would be in chaos.

[Broken External Image]:

ACTUALLY...i havent sold anything. im the one with the XDS. and come on hassel hoss as if you havent made something off your own property before. i like this little xds9 and honestly. id have to be offered a ridiculous sum to get rid of it.

ACTUALLY...i havent sold anything. im the one with the XDS. and come on hassel hoss as if you havent made something off your own property before. i like this little xds9 and honestly. id have to be offered a ridiculous sum to get rid of it.

Your gun, you set the price.

So the price you put on it, you wouldn't have sold it for??? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom