• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The new normal

AMEN...Reject the Victim Mentality. Embrace the Free Market economic system.
This is still the Outdoors TRADER, right?

Yeah, but who want to trade with some of these folks who value their stuff at panic prices but yours at prepanic prices.

here is my.02 worth

the people that are buying ammo and guns only to flip them for a profit are pieces of **** and I will NEVER do a thing to help them, buy from them, sell to them, etc..... they are helping ruin this fine hobby and sport for alot of people. I as well as many other on here will remember folks that flipped guns and ammo and this will screw them in the long run on the ODT as well as screw many other new members who many will not deal with because of the actions of the pieces of ****.

Yes the problem is that folks keep buying from them, but for many that is the only way to get ammo. the flippers buy everything they can which leave nothing for the rest of us so we have no choice but to pay inflated prices.

personally I dont have a problem with folks being able to post retail on guns. I do my best to price guns fairly and if I find out it can be bought at retail cheaper elsewhere then I adjust my price. If there were a rule that you could post links to other places where a gun was instock for cheaper on ads it would not bother me in the least. but thats just my opinion which doesnt matter to anyone.

and anyone that ever wants to buy or trade with me dont waste your time contacting me if youve flipped guns or ammo because I will take the time to go through your post history.

Gents I give you this to use!
price research

And do you stop and think, maybe the people buying "over priced items" did the research and just don't care? Maybe the person buying the item has plenty of money but little ammo? Or maybe the "overpriced items" are actually only a starting price?

I have seen many ads with higher than retail prices listed, always the same people pissing and moaning about price, never any intention of buying ****, just want to run their mouth and be the price nazi. Meanwhile I shoot the seller an offer lower than the suggested retail and seller accepts. I have done this many times, with a lot of members that people in this thread piss and moan about.

I made a sweet deal yesterday on some ammo, guy wanted $.50/rnd I offered $.25/rnd and got the deal. He even included a free ammo can. Meanwhile hasselhoss and others act like they are some ODT saviors harrassing and bashing other members like their **** don't stink because they sold something cheap once.

Why don't y'all love birds go get a room. I think some people come here to stroke their egos and make themselves feel superior. It's odd actually to think that someone would be so easily offended by someone elses asking price for their personal property. Please, by all means, explain why you feel it is so necessary to be so involved in another mans property?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a novel idea: don't trade with them.

so what your saying is folks can post things for whatever they want and i am not allowed to have an opinion on why I dont like it? last time i checked this isnt a classifieds ad so I am allowed to state my opinion. mean while you are getting an attitude and calling members out (against the rules)

Here is a novel idea, if you dont like this thread and peoples opinons how about you state yours without insulting others.

In a bad mood today hoss? Guess my humerous post went over your head. I am suprised being that high up on your horse.

And do you stop and think, maybe the people buying "over priced items" did the research and just don't care? Maybe the person buying the item has plenty of money but little ammo? Or maybe the "overpriced items" are actually only a starting price?

I have seen many ads with higher than retail prices listed, always the same people pissing and moaning about price, never any intention of buying ****, just want to run their mouth and be the price nazi. Meanwhile I shoot the seller an offer lower than the suggested retail and seller accepts. I have done this many times, with a lot of members that people in this thread piss and moan about.

I made a sweet deal yesterday on some ammo, guy wanted $.50/rnd I offered $.25/rnd and got the deal. He even included a free ammo can. Meanwhile hasselhoss and others act like they are some ODT saviors harrassing and bashing other members like their **** don't stink because they sold something cheap once.

Why don't y'all love birds go get a room. I think some people come here to stroke their egos and make themselves feel superior. It's odd actually to think that someone would be so easily offended by someone elses asking price for their personal property. Please, by all means, explain why you feel it is so necessary to be so involved in another mans property?

Last edited by a moderator:
so what your saying is folks can post things for whatever they want and i am not allowed to have an opinion on why I dont like it? last time i checked this isnt a classifieds ad so I am allowed to state my opinion. mean while you are getting an attitude and calling members out (against the rules)

Here is a novel idea, if you dont like this thread and peoples opinons how about you state yours without insulting others.

Tell you what, you have your opinion and I have mine. You don't like mine tough ****. Last I checked this isn't a classified ad and I am allowed to state my opinion.

everybody buys sells and trades. some win some lose some break even. ive never seen a man twist another mans arm and make him buy something so whats the problem? did a man twist your arm and make you pay his hi prices? mayby someday you will buy a bargain in something

Last edited:
Since it has been 20 minutes since the last post, let me take this time in between the insults and the high horses and the overly angry to say;

The Annual ODT Meet & Greet is at Sweetwater Park in Lithia Springs, just one week from today. There will be no caged matches with chainsaws, that idea was thoroughly squashed. So now, the only reason to come is so that you can be with others who support our 2nd Amendment rights and love guns. I can't think of a better place to be...well...I can think of a few, but this will be fun. All that can make it, come on.

Edited the city, due to stupidity.

Last edited:
Since it has been 20 minutes since the last post, let me take this time in between the insults and the high horses and the overly angry to say;

The Annual ODT Meet & Greet is at Sweetwater Park in Lilburn, just one week from today. There will be no caged matches with chainsaws, that idea was thoroughly squashed. So now, the only reason to come is so that you can be with others who support our 2nd Amendment rights and love guns. I can't think of a better place to be...well...I can think of a few, but this will be fun. All that can make it, come on.

Lilburn?? I hope it's still in Lithia Springs! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom