• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The NRA sucks

Just a note for those who complain about people that beech and moan about the NRA, etc. take note:

I was the first person to secure a promise from an elected representative to co-sponsor HB 2. How many of YOU got a co - sponsor for it?

I think that was my phrasing... but only part of what I said.

I was talking about folks who do nothing else but complain about the NRA.

It doesn't sound like you fit that bill.

I guess for me it’s when the “N” for National lost its meaning of American to exclude a political party as a whole, regional areas, religious groups and racial discrimination.

When it doesn’t look like it includes all Americans of all party’s, colors, religions and locations WHO DO SUPPORT OWNERSHIP.

I am of the “other” but I am an AMERICAN, a gun owner and rights supporter.

When it’s no longer a rifle association but a political group, and goes back to Field & Stream, than maybe...

I don’t feel like the NRA is right for me and seams they don’t want my type! But I look like y’all and love my guns just like y’all.

I guess for me it’s when the “N” for National lost its meaning of American to exclude a political party as a whole, regional areas, religious groups and racial discrimination.

When it doesn’t look like it includes all Americans of all party’s, colors, religions and locations WHO DO SUPPORT OWNERSHIP.

I am of the “other” but I am an AMERICAN, a gun owner and rights supporter.

When it’s no longer a rifle association but a political group, and goes back to Field & Stream, than maybe...

I don’t feel like the NRA is right for me and seams they don’t want my type! But I look like y’all and love my guns just like y’all.

Most of the time I cannot keep up with what a zillion other groups do. After my failed attempt to defend gun shows as an alternative to the watchful eye of Uncle Scam, I had to ask myself an important question on this: Was I being hypocritical toward the NRA?

You should be able to support whatever gun rights groups you like. Right? For me, I thought about the past. I had a personal experience involving the NRA and so - called "armor piercing bullets." It's a long story.

Anyway, during my lifetime, NRA endorsed Ronald Reagan who signed legislation against fully auto weapons for civilians. The first George Bush, another NRA endorsed candidate, ended up signing an Executive Order banning the importation of foreign made semi-autos into the United States. The next Bush to be president (NRA endorsed) pledged to sign the "Assault Weapons Ban" into permanent law if the bill crossed his desk. Then Trump with the NRA's blessings violated the Constitution with the bump stock ban AND Trump was already on record as having written: "I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

Consistently the NRA has picked backstabbers to endorse. But, in the bump stock ban, the NRA wholeheartedly supported it. Most of their legislative team knows as much about the Second Amendment as I know about nuclear physics. In Mark 3: 25 the Bible says, "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." If you don't like the Bible then know that Lincoln paraphrased that in one of his speeches. The point is we need fully informed and educated people to represent us on gun control issues. Believing in gun "rights" is simply not enough. The people we choose to represent our voice must understand the laws, history, intent of the Second Amendment, and the concept of Rights that are inherent, absolute, God given, unalienable, natural, and irrevocable. AND we have to put some ideas on the table that reduce gun violence without requiring more gun control. Rant over.

Most of the time I cannot keep up with what a zillion other groups do. After my failed attempt to defend gun shows as an alternative to the watchful eye of Uncle Scam, I had to ask myself an important question on this: Was I being hypocritical toward the NRA?

You should be able to support whatever gun rights groups you like. Right? For me, I thought about the past. I had a personal experience involving the NRA and so - called "armor piercing bullets." It's a long story.

Anyway, during my lifetime, NRA endorsed Ronald Reagan who signed legislation against fully auto weapons for civilians. The first George Bush, another NRA endorsed candidate, ended up signing an Executive Order banning the importation of foreign made semi-autos into the United States. The next Bush to be president (NRA endorsed) pledged to sign the "Assault Weapons Ban" into permanent law if the bill crossed his desk. Then Trump with the NRA's blessings violated the Constitution with the bump stock ban AND Trump was already on record as having written: "I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

Consistently the NRA has picked backstabbers to endorse. But, in the bump stock ban, the NRA wholeheartedly supported it. Most of their legislative team knows as much about the Second Amendment as I know about nuclear physics. In Mark 3: 25 the Bible says, "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." If you don't like the Bible then know that Lincoln paraphrased that in one of his speeches. The point is we need fully informed and educated people to represent us on gun control issues. Believing in gun "rights" is simply not enough. The people we choose to represent our voice must understand the laws, history, intent of the Second Amendment, and the concept of Rights that are inherent, absolute, God given, unalienable, natural, and irrevocable. AND we have to put some ideas on the table that reduce gun violence without requiring more gun control. Rant over.
Amen

The amount of NRA fellatio in this thread blows my mind. Every major gun control movement in the past has their fingerprints on it. We had a couple years where certain pro-gun bills could have EASILY passed, and the Not Real Activists remained silent, allowing the opportunity to pass. As soon as .gov started to show interest in regulating bump-fire stocks and began talking about these “red flag laws”, they piped up REAL quick showing their support. They can suck the biggest one they can find, they’ve not seriously represented the 2nd Amendment in a very long time. The only peep we’ve heard from them is spamming phones and emails asking for donations and selling coolers.

Yeah... we'd have been so much better off without them over the last 50 years...

If you don't like what they are doing, join as a voting member and change it. Crying on the Interwebs won't make a bit of difference.

Maybe crying on the internet will wake up a few Elmers, from their deep sleep of sugar plums and fairies and Wayne La Pierre saving their thutty-thutty lever actions from the gubbermint. I personally DGAF anymore.

Yeah... we'd have been so much better off without them over the last 50 years...

If you don't like what they are doing, join as a voting member and change it. Crying on the Interwebs won't make a bit of difference.

As a personal opinion, the Internet should be (and notice I bold it) a great place for the dissemination of information. It is, however, underutilized and misused. It is a haven for trolls, disinformation artists and people with too much time on their hands. Maybe somebody got some new info off this thread, perhaps not.

Neal Knox, who once ran for president of the NRA made the same argument to me when I got mad and exited the NRA. He stayed on, always believing he could make changes from the inside. The NRA was started basically as a gun control group (camouflaged as an organization to help train shooters.) But it is what it is.

IF we'd had a Neal Knox Hard Corps coup in the NRA maybe we would not be looking at the bump stock ban, red flag laws, a national gun registry, waiting periods, another "assault weapon" ban, magazine ban, and whatever else is on Nancy Pelosi's wish list that Santa Trump is willing to give her.

If this thread made one person pull out of the NRA and use that money to help some group like GOA then it served its purpose.

Back
Top Bottom