• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**The official your boat picture thread**

Yep. We have a house on the water down in Perdido Key. Hauling it south this weekend. I almost pulled the trigger on a new Sportsman at the boat show. I really liked the layout better, but I’m glad I didn’t. I found this repo with 34hrs on it for $20k less.
Sweet deal

Yep. We have a house on the water down in Perdido Key. Hauling it south this weekend. I almost pulled the trigger on a new Sportsman at the boat show. I really liked the layout better, but I’m glad I didn’t. I found this repo with 34hrs on it for $20k less.
We're just down the road in OB. I go out of Orange Beach Marina

New to me addition to the fishing arsenal.
Needs a skeg guard, bilge pump and some cleaning. 100% solid, motor runs good, trailer is good and I have a Lowrance 5 to put on it.

Screenshot_20190623-210910_Facebook.jpg

skiff.jpeg
2017 Carolina Skiff JVX 18. 70hp Suzuki 4 stroke. I added a Minn Kota 80lb thrust trolling motor with I-Pilot. I bought and installed the T-top this past Sept. It's a great boat for fishing the coastal waters down here. The trolling motor was expensive but it's great. You steer with a small remote. The thing I like best is a feature called "Spot lock". You pull up and set it and the trolling motor keeps you in place. With wind and very strong currents it will hold right in place. I don't think I've had to use my anchor yet.

View attachment 2175395 2017 Carolina Skiff JVX 18. 70hp Suzuki 4 stroke. I added a Minn Kota 80lb thrust trolling motor with I-Pilot. I bought and installed the T-top this past Sept. It's a great boat for fishing the coastal waters down here. The trolling motor was expensive but it's great. You steer with a small remote. The thing I like best is a feature called "Spot lock". You pull up and set it and the trolling motor keeps you in place. With wind and very strong currents it will hold right in place. I don't think I've had to use my anchor yet.
That's awesome! I'm close to getting my new to me boat back from having almost the same trolling motor installed. Because I'll be doing a lot of Striper fishing and maintaining depth while slow trolling is a big deal, I got one that also has the feature where it communicates with the sonar/GPS and it will follow the bottom contour.

That's really going to free me up to pay more attention to other things on the boat. Especially while fighting a fish.

Upgraded from a 9.4 Basshound to a 2015 Bass Tracker 175 with a 75 HP 4 stroke Mercury. The motor is so quiet. Upgraded to a 65 lb riptide with co-pilot. Went to West Point a few weeks ago and had a blast. Going to Lake Eufaula soon. Going to retire down there in a little over 7 years.
20190429_162507.jpg

Upgraded from a 9.4 Basshound to a 2015 Bass Tracker 175 with a 75 HP 4 stroke Mercury. The motor is so quiet. Upgraded to a 65 lb riptide with co-pilot. Went to West Point a few weeks ago and had a blast. Going to Lake Eufaula soon. Going to retire down there in a little over 7 years.View attachment 2176340

Got to love those 4 strokes. Mine is so quiet I have to check the water stream to see if it's running. And it sips the gas.

Upgraded from a 9.4 Basshound to a 2015 Bass Tracker 175 with a 75 HP 4 stroke Mercury. The motor is so quiet. Upgraded to a 65 lb riptide with co-pilot. Went to West Point a few weeks ago and had a blast. Going to Lake Eufaula soon. Going to retire down there in a little over 7 years.View attachment 2176340

I really like the aluminum boats. Be careful at West Point, my son and I fished a tournament there a few years ago. There were 3-4 boats that ran up on a sandbar before they realized they were on it. they told us it cost them $1000 to have it pulled off.

Back
Top Bottom