The Risks Of Not Riding A Motorcycle

20150923_185253.jpg

I do not care what anyone rides. Whether it is a 50cc moped, sport bike, cruiser or a fully loaded tour bike. I respect ANYONE who rides on two or three wheels and I will ride with anyone as long as they ride responsibly and safe. In my book it isn't WHAT you ride, it is the fact that you DO ride.
amen

need to make a distinction between the people that live in Atlanta verses those who live in a rural area.

I got my first bike when I was 12, living in Union County, back before the USFS closed every road and trail , a Honda Trail 90. I put 6000 miles on it.

bought some larger dual sports, XL-250 TT-250 etc.

sold em when I moved to Atlanta, and wife got pregnant,

Id love to ride in the rural areas,
I WILL NOT RIDE in or around Atlanta , not now, not ever.

Rural areas have their own dangers (deer, the inattentive car when you have been lulled into complacency, badly maintained/cleared roads, etc.)

I love bikes, and just like a recovering drug addict, I am constantly tempted by motorcycle classifieds, but can't do it. Just far to many stupid angry people out there.

Rural areas have their own dangers (deer, the inattentive car when you have been lulled into complacency, badly maintained/cleared roads, etc.)

I love bikes, and just like a recovering drug addict, I am constantly tempted by motorcycle classifieds, but can't do it. Just far to many stupid angry people out there.
If i go out... better knees in the breeze than huffing a couch fart with a bag of Doritos

20151005_182658-jpg.559890

Last edited:
I use pavement only to get me to the dirt (unless I'm in route to a rally). Dirt is less cagers = less risk. I used to ride to work on Fridays cause traffic wasn't as bad but now its just too much with the cell phones. Most people aren't driving anymore, merely cruising while surfing the phone. I got family. I love riding but love them more. The distractions for today's drivers are endless. I see a wreck everyday. Offroad gives me a chance to see mother nature and relax even if I am flying down forest roads. The flying part is optional but therapeutic in its own right. Offroad is distance from the idiots and hustle and bustle of working. Everyone who rides should try a little dual sporting or backwoods riding even if you have to rent/borrow a bike. I am happy to guide the N. GA mountains for anyone interested- free of charge. I cant put a price on the feeling and the freedom. Ride safe everyone.
i154.photobucket.com_albums_s253_chriscole130_Thumper_20Thaw_20Theven_IMAG1289_1_zpsmjrbm9hf.jpg

I use pavement only to get me to the dirt (unless I'm in route to a rally). Dirt is less cagers = less risk. I used to ride to work on Fridays cause traffic wasn't as bad but now its just too much with the cell phones. Most people aren't driving anymore, merely cruising while surfing the phone. I got family. I love riding but love them more. The distractions for today's drivers are endless. I see a wreck everyday. Offroad gives me a chance to see mother nature and relax even if I am flying down forest roads. The flying part is optional but therapeutic in its own right. Offroad is distance from the idiots and hustle and bustle of working. Everyone who rides should try a little dual sporting or backwoods riding even if you have to rent/borrow a bike. I am happy to guide the N. GA mountains for anyone interested- free of charge. I cant put a price on the feeling and the freedom. Ride safe everyone.
i154.photobucket.com_albums_s253_chriscole130_Thumper_20Thaw_20Theven_IMAG1289_1_zpsmjrbm9hf.jpg

Well Said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom