• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The state of gun shows...

Abigaylesdad

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
What are the good guns shows? The last several my son and I have been to are just a joke. Very few actual guns and more accessories, knives, or just plain crap. The few guns we did see were mostly AR like and not really anything worth shopping for.

What shows are you going to and are they the same way? The price of admission is too high to go in and see crap that you can find many other places.

I think it is kind of like the hunting shows years ago in Jonesboro and Perry. There were tons of vendors and a wonderful place to get new hunting gear and be with like minded folks. Those don't exist any more - at least not like they were. I think gun shows are headed that way too. Sad.

here-we-go-again.gif

Need some holiday monies?

You and a bud split the 85 dollar table fee and bring all those guns you don't shoot any more. Along with any extra ammo/parts/mags/whatever.

Best two days you'll ever have.

Oh, and bring cash on Friday during setup. Best deals are done among participants.

Palmettomoon's Gun Show Primer:

1.) If you go to the show expecting to find modern guns and ammunition cheaper than you can online, you're an idiot.
2.) If you don't know much about guns and ammunition or current market prices, you're going to get skinned alive buying modern stuff at a gun show.
3.) If you like seeing what individuals (and some dealers) might bring to a show, especially older parts and magazines, guns and shooting supplies, and you have a modicum of knowledge, they are great venues in which to buy/trade.
4.) If you go to the show expecting to find modern guns and ammunition cheaper than you can online, and then you get mad or angry that you spent $13 to get in and nobody will match Bud's prices, you're an idiot and you're probably a poor.

Back
Top Bottom