• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Syrup of the Poors!

Mrs. Butterworth's syrup | Original |
Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water.
Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Cellulose Gum, Molasses, Natural and Artificial Flavor (Lactic Acid), Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate), Caramel Color, Citric Acid

Log Cabin Original :
Ingredients : Corn Syrup, Water, Sugar, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt Natural Flavor, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Sodium Benzoate and Sorbic Acid (Preservatives), Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Mono and Diglycerides.

Log Cabin Original :
Ingredients : Corn Syrup, Water, Sugar, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt Natural Flavor, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Sodium Benzoate and Sorbic Acid (Preservatives), Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Mono and Diglycerides.
danny-de-vito-no.gif

Growing up in the 1960-70s, my mom fixed skillet bread which the four of us kids ate with butter and molasses with bacon on the side. I didn't know it then, but molasses has 1/3 less sugar than cane syrup.
Molasses, which is the byproduct of the sugar making process, really was the "Poor Mans Syrup" in my youth. However, when mixed with butter and poured into a biscuit or corn bread with a slice of streak o lean... we did not know we were poor :cool:

Back
Top Bottom