• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Value of WW2 1911's is about to drop.

The interesting thing about how this amendment was authored, it doesn't explicitly mention 1911's. It mentions firearms owned by the Army, so in theory, this opens up the CMP to acquiring a wide range of firearms they currently cannot obtain for sale. Price wise, I'm sure any rare models will be auctioned off by the CMP as they're currently doing with M1's. If they would sell stripped frames in the $100-150 range, I'd buy one or two just for custom builds. Better than paying $500-600 for a Norinco or buying a Rock Island frame.

This will most likely pass because it's not going to be a point of debate to hold up the greater part of the bill. But what will be interesting to see is what all the CMP can get their hands on. If the Army has to turn over stashed away full auto guns, we're looking at parts kits. 1911's, M9's, anything that might be mothballed from 50+ years ago. Unless you work in that specific department of the Army, I doubt anyone knows what is actually stored away.

It makes sense anyway: instead of wasting money storing or destroying unnecessary items, generate some revenue for needed programs. Feed the children or save lions or rebuild Detroit.

Back
Top Bottom