• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Wayback Machine

Mine was a 65 Mustang Fastback 2+2 with a 302, 4 spd and 4:10 gears but rolled it a coupke of times racing a 71 Camaro SS. Bad part is I was ahead.

Spent many a Friday & Saturday night at the Shoney's in Forest Park in the 70's, took a few guys girlfriends away from em' after whoopin' up on em' with my '68 SS396 She-Velle. Lol! Almost got my ass beat once when I took one meathead's girl, him and his two meathead buddies couldn't catch us in that badass She-Velle though. HA! I think regular gas back then was about .49 cents/gal. (1975)

Gosh Tazz, I used to hang out at the Shoney's in Forest Park from about 1969 to 1971. Drove a '70 Road Runner most of the time, then a '67 Vette for a while. Smitty Lee, Jerry Zumbro (Ziggy), Trey Blackmon, Mitchell Story, Ronald Brasselton, and others, used to hang out around there. I may have been there a bit earlier than you, but it was a good hang out. Always plenty of cops around......always! lol

Gosh Tazz, I used to hang out at the Shoney's in Forest Park from about 1969 to 1971. Drove a '70 Road Runner most of the time, then a '67 Vette for a while. Smitty Lee, Jerry Zumbro (Ziggy), Trey Blackmon, Mitchell Story, Ronald Brasselton, and others, used to hang out around there. I may have been there a bit earlier than you, but it was a good hang out. Always plenty of cops around......always! lol
Lol...all them was wanting was to race too...did y'all ever give the race

I love them chevy 2"s...but I like the 69 thru 72 nova's a little more....my sister had a 72 nova ss. ...metallic blue raised rear end with a 350 and Holley 4 brl ...my dream car

Me & the old woman in 1982 in our Boss Mustang, Black Jack Headers, high lift Cam, Shaved Heads, Dominator Holley and lots of other money thrown into the damn thing LOL..
wedding 001.jpg

Back in the day, and yes, that day was a long time ago, there were two Chevelles that I remember distinctly. One was a 1966 Marina Blue, Chevelle SS396, with white interior and Crager mags owned by Donnell Biles, that I coveted. Dang, that was a pretty ride and fairly quick as well. The other was a black Chevelle, SS396 (but supposedly had a 427 in it) that Louie Wilson owned, and it was really fast! Man, I loved both of those rides.

Lol...all them was wanting was to race too...did y'all ever give the race
I may have raced about 8 or 9 times in the 2-3 years I hung out there. It was always 2:00-3:00 in the morning when most of the cops were on break eating something. Mostly just red light to red light for fun, I couldn't afford to race for money and damn sure wasn't gonna do it for pink slips cause Dad woulda killed me if I lost the car, it was his name was on the title. Lol! Best race I had was in a '68 SS396 Chevelle against a blown 327 '70 Nova, edged him out 3 outta 3 times red light to red light and his girlfriend decided she wanted to ride with me. Lol!

Nah, wasn't much of a racer. Couldn't afford to repair what I broke! But I did enjoy good looking fast cars.
Yep, there was always some cool cars there. It was pretty cool to walk around checking out what everybody had under the hood. I won some burgers & fries with a '67 Mustang, it only had a straight 6 with a 3 speed on the floor, but it had no muffler for a couple of weekends and idling with the hood shut some guys were 100% positive I had a built 289 in it. Man were they surprised when I raised the hood. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom