The writers strike is ov...

fattboyzz fattboyzz

20221130_105330.jpg
20221130_105358.jpg
20221130_105407.jpg
20221130_105508.jpg

If you don't like other people's opinions of where you work, I guess don't mention it. If you do mention it, and get defensive about another person's opinion then who's really at fault?
That is not at all what happened in this thread. Someone started a piss-ant, I'm above it all thread trolling the screenwriters strike. Some of us, who are personally invested in the issue, took umbrage to that.

Imagine that something awful was geauxing on at LSU. Something that, regardless of the optics, who had friends, loved ones, even yourself being negatively impacted by it.

And then some posts a thread. "LoL at the stupid cAjUnS. nOBoDY cArEs aBoUT yOu liBtaRds."

You're telling me that you wouldn't wade into the pool? Come on. :ranger:

I personally could live without seeing another professionally produced "entertainment" show and would probably be better off for it as would the rest of the country. Perhaps that's why I haven't been in the theater in over 15 years?
Still holding hard on the moral high ground aren't we? I took my girls to see Elemental a few months back. Really good movie about loving people for who they are and not what labels and society would call them. But surely we'd all be better off not doing that?

Actually I'm probably better than I think I am.

Why do I stay?

Pension, healthcare(really good healthcare) union standardized wages, I'm sure I could think of more.
Everyone has their price.
Never say never, but I'll never work for a union. And I, and millions of others, have exactly what you list and more, without the nasty after taste.

That is not at all what happened in this thread. Someone started a piss-ant, I'm above it all thread trolling the screenwriters strike. Some of us, who are personally invested in the issue, took umbrage to that.

Imagine that something awful was geauxing on at LSU. Something that, regardless of the optics, who had friends, loved ones, even yourself being negatively impacted by it.

And then some posts a thread. "LoL at the stupid cAjUnS. nOBoDY cArEs aBoUT yOu liBtaRds."

You're telling me that you wouldn't wade into the pool? Come on. :ranger:

Still holding hard on the moral high ground aren't we? I took my girls to see Elemental a few months back. Really good movie about loving people for who they are and not what labels and society would call them. But surely we'd all be better off not doing that?
I don't get your attempted analogy. If LSU did something wrong or was systematically and fundamentally against my principles I'd say so without pause. (But I don't work for them). If Cajuns were categorically liberal or pushing liberal ideals (in other words, opposite of their actual culture), while I couldn't change my heritage, I wouldn't pretend they are something they're not.
We're talking about an industry that most of right thinking America feels is detrimental to both the direction and moral compass of this country. It's fine if you don't adhere to that for whatever reason but to be appalled that others hold such an opinion is simply turning a blind eye, or coping. Doesn't affect me one way or the other obviously I just find it sad, and sort of interesting.

Back
Top Bottom