• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The writers strike is ov...

In all honesty, this strike hasn't slowed me down much at all. I'm working right now on pedestals for a Titanic museum exhibit, and I went to Louisville for a show earlier this summer. I have a strike fund, and I work, I'll be fine.

But there are a ton of other people who don't have that opportunity. I feel for them, even though I'm not them.

I still shop at Target. If I had to buy Bud Light, I would.

Dude, now you've gone too far...

Aw, who am I kidding? I'd still shop at Costco if it were discovered they managed all the child smuggling rings...**** the kiddos, I want my buck-fifty hotdog and Pepsi!

But I still wouldn't shop at a Target or drink Bud Light...

give a **** meter.jpeg

Once again, our contract is up for negotiation next year, that's what our strike fund is for. It won't take 146 days to settle it either.
Yeah, our union had (has?)a strike fund , too.
Unless you could show documentation you were being foreclosed, evicted or repoed, tough titty.

And your union dues go to support the leftist agenda and politicans
true^^^^^they only want your dues and your vote, more power for those in control

No SNL, no movies, no sitcoms, no romcoms...nothing.
SNL sucks for more years than it hasn’t, movies, sitcoms, romcoms are mostly more of the same - remakes, sequels,and computer generated content. Not much originality
Actually I'm probably better than I think I am.
Attitude of every carpenter I’ve ever worked with
And underpaid. Grossly.
more of the same
No I won't go back to work building your houses. I did that when I was 15 years old. I don't get the chance to build anything interesting
built my own house, more than once, also started as a teenager, over many years I have worked on many very interesting projects and self employed so didn’t work by the hour
your pics show very good work but there are many non union carpenters that can and have done that quality of work even if you quit tomorrow there’s a union man standing right behind you that will pick up right where you left off
Our unions solutions was to allow us to pull from our retirement. Thanks lol...
unions will always have solutions that work best for them

i never understood why union workers would put others in control of their future
some strike and everyone else is affected

Back
Top Bottom