• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Theis Holster Review! Great product!

xlilvi3tx

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
155   0
Reaction score
Hello ODT,

I'm pretty sure that you guys saw the banner for "Theis Holsters" on the forum. I saw the banner a while back and I clicked on it. It was probably the best ad I ever clicked on lol. The prices are really good and affordable at $55 for cowhide and $65 for horsehide for a quality IWB holster.

I bought a horsehide holster from Mr. Theis for a S&W K-frame. It took about a week to get here once I placed the order. Once it got here, I adjusted how I like for it to sit and wore it since. At first, it was a bit uncomfortable since it was still a bit tough, which is expected from horsehide. After 2 days, the holster started to mold and it got comfortable, a little too comfortable to the point where on most days I had to check if I dropped the gun lol. Not only is it comfortable standing around and walking but also driving, I mean I can't even feel the gun is there when driving! The holster holds the guns perfectly tight enough. Not too loose and not too tight where if I ever needed to draw it, I'm gonna look like an idiot lol. Big thumbs up on this product from Mr. Theis. The quality of the leather looks and feels great, its really comfortable, and at a great price! What more can you ask for? I can say that I am really satisfied with the holster and can recommend it to anybody and he can expect another order soon for a full-size 1911.

Thank you Mr. Theis!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

If anybody is interested in one, here's his website!
http://theisholsters.com/

Last edited:
As most of you know I try very hard to get your holsters made and shipped out as fast as possible and try to respond to all questions very rapidly.
Just wanted you to know, my wife and I own and operate a meat market in central Arkansas and during the next 2 months to say we get extremely busy would be a understatement. It is DEER SEASON here an we process deer meat for the hunters.Gun season starts here on Nov.12 and goes for 3 to 4 weeks depending on what part of the state you hunt in. We will cut several hundred deer during this time frame and smoke countless number hams of turkeys for thanksgiving. YES, I am going to squeeze a few holsters into the mix of this. It just may take me a little longer to get back with you on your questions during this time frame. I will answer all messages within 24hrs and get you holsters to you as quickly as possible. If you are thinking about a holster you might want to get your order in before gun season starts.
I want to thank all of you for your business and your reviews on my holsters and I appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Thanks
Tommy Theis

Thanks for the heads up. I too ordered one of these holsters a few weeks back. I originally ordered on for a k frame S&W. The day after I ordered I purchased a Glock 19. I quickly email Mr Tommy to see if I could change my order. I received a quick reply saying no problem. Within a few days I had my holster for my Glock. I spent a little time adjusting where I wanted it. Once I found my sweet spot it was right on. Being allergic to baby powder (Mr Theis recommends a little powder to quieten the leather) I was a little worried about the noise. Within a just a few days its broken in and comfy and quiet. I am uber pleased and looking forward to being able to get another for my K frame.

I ordered a Horsehide IWB for my Glock 27 about a week ago. I can't WAIT to get it. Everything I've seen on them is GOOD GOOD GOOD. I know Mr. Theis has great communication as he responded to all my emails promptly. It just feels GOOD to order a handmade holster from someone and not a mass produced one. (I'm not knocking mass produced by any means.) The prices are incredible! I can't wait to get mine! Now this post makes me want to sit at the mailbox. LOL!

You wont regret it. I went from being strictly OWB to mostly IWB because of this holster. Currently carrying a G20SF in one with no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom