• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Them NAA minis!

It's been a while since I've seen any NAA for sale but there's a couple that popped up in the last day or two. One cap and ball. 2x overpriced but it's out there.

I have a friend who drives a truck who was unstrapping his load the other day and heard a loud bang. Friend thought it was another truck or something. Friend said he felt something warm and looked down and his pocket had a hole in it. The gun he carries is a mini with the folding grip. I asked him if he carried anything else in that pocket. I told him that it would be almost impossible for the gun to fire. The trigger is covered by the holster. The hammer would have to be pulled back, the holster released and the trigger pressed. The gun is relatively new and only started carrying it a few weeks ago. I told him he was lucky.

Like many people I see they're not carrying it properly. There is a safety slot between the live cylinders. Too many people get lazy and don't rest the hammer in that safety slot. It's there for a reason and it's a great idea.

So glad your friend did not get injured. That could have been bad.

Got a 22 short at Barrows a few weeks ago. They had plenty in stock, I should have gotten the belt buckle… I know…
FD6958E8-EAB0-4ADC-891E-C1769FA04462.jpeg

Like many people I see they're not carrying it properly. There is a safety slot between the live cylinders. Too many people get lazy and don't rest the hammer in that safety slot. It's there for a reason and it's a great idea.

So glad your friend did not get injured. That could have been bad.
I had not thought about it being on a round and the impact of the strap would have just slapped the hammer causing it to fire.

Back
Top Bottom