• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thin Colt Carbine two piece handguard

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
My handguard on my carry handle AR-15 has just a factory type Colt drop in 2 piece handguard. I heard something about a thinner handguard set and was curious. Then I read where a guys set on his carbine was like 1.75 inches in diameter. The ones I currently have are 2.5 inches in diameter. Is anybody well versed in the these lower profile handguards? I would very much like to purchase a new set if indeed there is such an animal that exist. If they do where is the best place to go online for them.

Pretty sure the TNTE ones are just the Brownells carbine handguards with a $5 markup or they got the same supplier.

Either way they're as close to the old school colt round carbine handguards I know of.

If you are talking about the older, 6 hole handguards that are skinnier, you will pay $50 plus to get a set. They are very sought after if original and in good condition.
Yes I think that's what I am looking for. I don't mind spending the money. I think they would allow for a more comfortable purchase and the front.

Yes I think that's what I am looking for. I don't mind spending the money. I think they would allow for a more comfortable purchase and the front.

I keep them just for looks personally. Anything I shoot on a regular bases has a quad or M-lok rail set up but it does look good.

20230619_153025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom