• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Things you buy ,For others to borrow

Jumper box and jumper cables .. 2 thing I have accepted with 4 sons that I will never have when I need them is a 4 way lug wrench and jumper cables
Went to a seminar about 40 years ago, don't remember much but one of the speakers had a quote that he repeated several times that I've never forgotten...
"A man with a full set of tools has no children."

When I worked as a mechanic, we always had people coming into the shop wanting to borrow this and that. A wrench, pliers, screwdriver…. Our stuff was mostly Snap-on , Matco, etc., ….. expensive stuff. So I got to where I would either say no or tell them “yeah you leave me a hundred dollar bill and I will loan you a wrench”… That always got some looks ! LMAO

When I worked as a mechanic, we always had people coming into the shop wanting to borrow this and that. A wrench, pliers, screwdriver…. Our stuff was mostly Snap-on , Matco, etc., ….. expensive stuff. So I got to where I would either say no or tell them “yeah you leave me a hundred dollar bill and I will loan you a wrench”… That always got some looks ! LMAO
You have to. Money doesn't grow on trees. And that was your livelihood.

Back
Top Bottom