• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Things you buy ,For others to borrow

I always return any tool I borrow (only from my youngest brother, and it's usually because I foolishly loaned my middle brother MY tool of the same type) in better shape than I received it. Cleaned, sharpened, whatever. My youngest brother is always delighted when I return a tool to him because it looks new.

My middle brother can tear up an anvil using a feather pillow. The last tool he borrowed (my framing nailer) he returned 4 months AFTER he was finished with his neighbor's deck and the damned thing looked like it'd been in the ocean for all 4 months. When I pointed the rust out to him he got a bewildered look on his face and offered his (in his mind) perfectly reasonable explanation for the poor condition. "Well, I stored it in the barn!"

Never. Again.

I always return any tool I borrow (only from my youngest brother, and it's usually because I foolishly loaned my middle brother MY tool of the same type) in better shape than I received it. Cleaned, sharpened, whatever. My youngest brother is always delighted when I return a tool to him because it looks new.

My middle brother can tear up an anvil using a feather pillow. The last tool he borrowed (my framing nailer) he returned 4 months AFTER he was finished with his neighbor's deck and the damned thing looked like it'd been in the ocean for all 4 months. When I pointed the rust out to him he got a bewildered look on his face and offered his (in his mind) perfectly reasonable explanation for the poor condition. "Well, I stored it in the barn!"

Never. Again.
LOL, I love that analogy

I don't loan tools I learned that lesson a long time ago. I worked with a guy that was always asking to borrow tools from everyone in the shop. He got mad and said it wasn't fair that I had tools to make money and he didn't when I cut him off. Never said thanks or returned them clean. Dumbass cashed his check on Friday and was broke on Monday, spent his money at the strip club.

Back
Top Bottom