• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things you buy ,For others to borrow

I let a guy use one of my chainsaws once because he assured me that he'd been the the "Stihl Training Academy" and knew all about them, blah, blah, blah. First off, I've never seen a display of "not knowing **** all how to make a cut" like he was doing, then later, when it got strangely quiet where he was working, I wandered over to see what was up. He had the damned thing taken apart claiming it needed "adjusting." WTF? Then, it wouldn't start/run after he reassembled it. I took the cover off and found he'd not even got the chain back onto the sprocket under the cover. What a ****ing disaster. Never. Again. **** up your own shyte, leave mine alone. I don't care where you graduated from.
I would made him pay for a brand new one. Either that or take the cost out of the paint on one his prised possessions.
If someone takes something like that apart they are assuming all responsibility for that piece and price of said equipment. PERIOD! You break it you buy it. No negotiation!

The only time I got taken was loaning a floor Jack to a neighbor. It was a floor jack and I had two. I had one of the big heavy steel ones and then I had a lightweight low profile racing Jack for my lowered Trans am. Of course the lightweight racing Jack look real cool so he wanted to borrow that one. Against my better judgment I let him borrow it. Turns out the fool uses it for caster on one of the sides of a car and bust the front axle andm Wheels on the front of my floor Jack. So when he comes back he comes back and hands me a jack with a handful of parts and not all of them are even there. I could have strangled that idiot. Those lightweight racing jacks are expensive.

Against my better judgment I let him borrow it. Turns out the fool uses it for caster on one of the sides of a car and bust the front axle and Wheels on the front of my floor Jack. So when he comes back he comes back and hands me a jack with a handful of parts and not all of them are even there. I could have strangled that idiot. Those lightweight racing jacks are expensive.
I had a JD tractor that I used at the hunting club.

Various member would want to use it when I wasn't there. Hard to say "no", until about the 3rd call,
"YOUR tractor broke down, it's (in the woods at)" And that would be the last word. It ALWAYS was something preventable. No offer to have it repaired, no club money for upkeep.

The milk of human kindness soured in my breast, and I pissed some people off by locking it up and being the only operator.

I would flat out ask them when they asked to use it "are you going to fix anything that breaks" (which includes getting it out of the bog hole they left it in, and that always got a lot of hemming and hawing.

I loan tools out as well as myself to make sure I get it back. A neighbor borrowed a spade shovel and when he was done he put it under is house with his other tools. I politely went over and removed it from his crawl space. 😀
That was probably his borrowed tool stash. It's a wonder you found it

When I was about 8 years old I asked my granddaddy if I could use his zebco 33 to go fishing in a creek.he looked at me and said get in the truck I will go buy you your own.because you ain’t gonna **** up mine.

Back
Top Bottom