• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thinking About an SBR, need HELP

I'm doing this too, but not sure when to send in paperwork. Right now the 11.5" upper is on back order and the lower is virgin stripper with LPK ready to go. Might be another month or more before the upper gets here. Can I still apply and list the anticipated upper length and caliber?

You can send in Form 1 whenever as long as you know what caliber it is going to be. Only question you will have trouble with is overall length. For that you can take a 16 inch upper on and subtract however many inches. For example, if I have a lower with a 16 inch upper and it measures 30 inches total take that 30 and subtract however many inches shorter the short barrel will be. So if you are going to run a 10 inch barrel the OAL would be 24 inches. As said above you can put whatever upper you like on the registered lower as long as you can go back to the original. Send in your Form 1 wait the horrible long wait and when you get your stamp back engrave the lower with the name or Trust name on the Form 1 and have at it. You can also build the lower into a pistol if it is a virgin and then when you get your stamp back switch out the buffer and throw a stock on it.

I'm doing this too, but not sure when to send in paperwork. Right now the 11.5" upper is on back order and the lower is virgin stripper with LPK ready to go. Might be another month or more before the upper gets here. Can I still apply and list the anticipated upper length and caliber?

You do know that having the lower together with that upper is intent, unless of course you turn that stripped virgin lower into a pistol first. Just fyi

That is the exact route that I would take. I've done two just like this. Started as a pistol and when the stamp comes/ came back them stock it. Getting ready to do my first ar pistol into an sbr (just need to get the ar pistol fist lol)

good luck brother!

Back
Top Bottom