• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about buying a pallet of 12/2 Romex

I think copper might be a useful PART of a future-proof portfolio. I think ammunition is probably a better investment. It'll be easier to trade, just as easy to store, and in the same way as Romex, it's a finished product which holds a higher value than the constituent metals.

And that's not an April Fool's statement.

I think copper might be a useful PART of a future-proof portfolio. I think ammunition is probably a better investment. It'll be easier to trade, just as easy to store, and in the same way as Romex, it's a finished product which holds a higher value than the constituent metals.

And that's not an April Fool's statement.
But the likelihood that a government body will eff something up with your ability to buy, sell, or even own 20k rounds of ammo is getting exceedingly likely.

But the likelihood that a government body will eff something up with your ability to buy, sell, or even own 20k rounds of ammo is getting exceedingly likely.

If you're not concerned about a "WW3 Scenario", it's really unlikely that you're going to have someone turning up at your door demanding something you purchased legally to be surrendered. What we CAN expect for at least the next 4 or 5 years is ammunition being in shorter supply and potentially higher demand than it was maybe 6 months ago.

Our government seems to be more than happy to promote overseas conflict which consumes huge quantities of smallarms ammunition, and at present these's no apparent drive to increase production by opening another Lake City. Now, if we DO get a WW3 scenario, you'll definitely have something a lot of people will want to buy.

Construction materials? Maybe not so much.

If you're not concerned about a "WW3 Scenario", it's really unlikely that you're going to have someone turning up at your door demanding something you purchased legally to be surrendered. What we CAN expect for at least the next 4 or 5 years is ammunition being in shorter supply and potentially higher demand than it was maybe 6 months ago.

Our government seems to be more than happy to promote overseas conflict which consumes huge quantities of smallarms ammunition, and at present these's no apparent drive to increase production by opening another Lake City. Now, if we DO get a WW3 scenario, you'll definitely have something a lot of people will want to buy.

Construction materials? Maybe not so much.
Don't confuse my lack of desire to invest in ammo for a lack of interest in ammo.

#

If the video is on point at all (and it seems 100% accurate) its going to the sky. That or we abandon the green initiatives.
Yes, and the purchasing power of the fiat-USD is heading to zero. Fabricated metal products are historically the first harbinger of massive inflation.

Looking where the future is headed with metals like copper and some of the Rare Earth metals, strongly considuring a base investment in what will soon be an even more precious metal.

This is a long video, but tells an important story. With the push towards renewable energy, we're about to astronomically accelerate some metal prices.

I would consider a roll of cable before 12-2, 10-4 os used way more than you think, and meets more modern demands.

Back
Top Bottom