Thinking about taking a sip from the kool-aid...

bradlee787

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
Ive never really thought much about getting into Glocks, but the more I look into the G26, the more I think I just might want it. So, tell me, why should I choose it over other sub -9mm models on the market ( other than the typical fanboy answer of 'It's a Glock). Also, as I know nothing about glock pricing, where would I find the best deal on a gen4, used or new, and what is a good to average price for one, so I could judge if I were to come across one locally?

Thanks

If you have an issue, question, want to update the weapon or want night sights, the factory is local and welcomes walk-in service.

If you take the plunge, keep a couple extra spots in the safe. One usually leads to more.

Reasons: Compact enough to carry concealed (weight, width, sight radius). Great standard sights. Multiple mag options (all the way up to 33 rounds, or drums that hold 50 - ridiculous, but fun). Accurate. Moderate to little recoil. Great holsters available in every shape, material, carry preference, etc. Reasonable trigger right out of the box. Great trigger reset characteristics. Indestructible. It's just wide enough not to to cut into your hand like the single stack 9mm candidates. I still like the 26 Gen 3 better (the grip isn't as abrasive as the Gen 4, but is still easy to hang onto -- yeh, yeh, just wait until you start getting old!!). I've had mine several years. I might buy a G19 to supplement it, but I'll probably never sell it. Take the plunge, you won't be sorry!

What they said .............. and the fact that my son and I have shot IDPA with other things including para double stack 45's and PO7 etc, Browning HP, XM etc.....
It just does what it is supposed to do and does it well. My carry gun now.

Personally, I didn't want an expensive or "pretty" carry gun. Nobody's going to see it unless it's about to get used.

I picked my G26 up pretty well used for $425. By pretty well used, I mean it had a scratch or two on one side of the slide. And I wasn't terribly upset the day it got dropped on the driveway (not while carrying it- range trip incident). It's reliable, holsters are plentiful and pretty easy to find, and same for night sights/mags/etc.

Overall, it just fit what I was looking for... and it shoots where I point it most of the time.

Had Glocks and got other guns instead. Great for the niche they hold, nothing more nothing less. Not a glock hater but don't sip the Koop aid at the moment.

I chose to get a g27 and a 26 barrel. I run 40 and 9 through it all the time. I like it for the useability in that aspect. When I get into 357 sig soon I will be using the same mags with only a new barrel. Doesn't get much more convenient to me.

Back
Top Bottom