• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This admin continues to dishonor and disgrace our country and our flag

As far as I'm concerned, the practice of not dipping our flag should never have been started in the first place. Showing respect to others is a sign of strength. Demanding respect or refusing to show respect to others (whether you believe them to be your equal, your superior, or your lessor) is a sign of weakness in my opinion. Refusing to show respect to others in their "home" is something no civilized person, nation, or representative of a nation should do.

Unfortunately, I'm very afraid that you're probably right.

The uniforms are (or were)!

Meh, on the flag dipping. The story behind why we don't is pretty awesome. At the same time, the Olympics are a time for humility and courtesy. We have plenty of other opportunities to flip the bird to other countries. USA! USA! USA! :)

As far as I'm concerned, the practice of not dipping our flag should never have been started in the first place. Showing respect to others is a sign of strength. Demanding respect or refusing to show respect to others (whether you believe them to be your equal, your superior, or your lessor) is a sign of weakness in my opinion. Refusing to show respect to others in their "home" is something no civilized person, nation, or representative of a nation should do.
Kind of like bowing to the Saudi King?
i50.tinypic.com_29232au.jpg

How about the Burger King? Either way, I see a problem with doing it.

i49.tinypic.com_2itpgdj.jpg

I would agree but the article also says this

"Dipping the flag is no longer part of official International Olympic Committee protocol but most countries continue to observe the tradition."

So why would you do it if it isn't actually part of the protocol?

I would agree but the article also says this

"Dipping the flag is no longer part of official International Olympic Committee protocol but most countries continue to observe the tradition."

So why would you do it if it isn't actually part of the protocol?

Would you stop shaking the hand of people you met simply because it someone eliminated it from the official "protocol"? Manners, civility, and protocol are things which are observed without needing to be forced upon people of a civilized society in my opinion.

No flag dip for me! United States is the greatest country in the world and we should be proud of it or get out!

It's that line of thinking that prevents this country from progressing. Sorry, not going to annoint any country "greatest". Now you can go back to talking about how this administration is ruining the country, and how we are going to hell in a handbasket. Hypocrite/

Back
Top Bottom