• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This guy was on the FBI’s Radar. Again they will investigate but didn’t do squat to stop the attack.

Dropping hints like "I want to go to Afghanistan, want to join the Taliban, etc., that's enough red flags for me, no one has gone over there with bad intentions and come back with any good intentions for this country.
Soooo, since many on this site have advocated different, and probably not very wedm politically correct opinions…you would be fine with incarcerating folks preventatively, just in case?
I do not agree with any part of the taliban, nor do I agree with Christian extremism. But I would not want any of them
locked up just for expressing curiosity or belief. Once you cross lines, start taking steps to deprive others of their rights, that you then have your rights/freedoms removed.

I don't in any way profess to mass incarceration for thinking bad stuff about this country, but at least check them out to some extent, look at all the mass shooters who posted endless stuff on the inter web before they did evil things. LE needs to be more proactive with potential threats with personal contact versus looking at computer model profiles of l bad guys. And yes, God bless the USA for being a free country where we can express our opinion on places like ODT.

The point is, there was zero cause for what they did. Don't come on here being a dickhead. Everyone else commented, but you take the time to run your yap at me. Kick rocks.
Don’t take yourself so seriously. Lighten up. You quoted me first and talked in a circle.
I apologize. I didn’t realize you were so thin skinned. So from here on out I’ll just ignore you so you won’t get upset again.

These were all found after the attack, and you were stating that he should have been stopped for crimes not yet known or attempted. Then you expressed false reasonings based on you non knowledge of laws.
Telling someone your thoughts doesn’t mean the other person was making plans with you.
To have a conspiracy charge you must have two or more people speak about what they were planing, AND a substantial actual action towards that plan.
Threat= Making a threat to one’s person IE: “I want to kill xxx…” “Or im calling to tell you that I will place a bomb on the x line bus today”
Not “I want to go join xxx foreign military group”. IE Taliban, or The French Foreign Legion.

Even if you are on a watch list doesn’t mean all your constitutional and human rights are suspended. (It means you cannot access certain mass transit and a Govt installations.It is a passive tool)
And it surely doesn’t mean they had a means to stop this one incident. Where would the man power come from to actively surveil every person that said they wanted to do something bad?
Not to mention all the prisoner housing…

Your whole reasoning sound very 1984, ya know thought crimes and all that…

Good thing you are wrong as we would only have a few members left on here, as most would be in a thought crime gulag for expressing their opinion about bad things… LOL

As I already said twice, my initial comment was not specifically about this kid. It was about how making threats is against the law; that's where I said conspiracy is one of the possible charges. But here you are, still rambling about it. I did NOT say the kid committed conspiracy. He VERBALLY stated his intentions. It was not just thoughts in his head.
The Taliban is not "foreign military group" :laugh: . It's a terrorist organization. Feel free to look up all the Foreign Military groups in the world.

...a person commits the offense of a terroristic THREAT when he or she threatens to:

• Commit any crime of violence;
  • Release any hazardous substance; or
  • Burn or damage property.
Doesn't get any more clear than saying "I want to be a suicide bomber". And you're wrong. The threats were made BEFORE the attack and his MOTHER reported it, which is why the FBI (Bureau of Boston) investigated him and put him on a No-Fly list. They didn't do enough investigating to uncover the rest, until after the attack. If they had done it beforehand, it may have been prevented. Stating "I want to be a suicide bomber" and taking actions to accomplish that, is in fact against the law. The Patriot Act covers all intentions and acts of terrorism.

Don’t take yourself so seriously. Lighten up. You quoted me first and talked in a circle.
I apologize. I didn’t realize you were so thin skinned. So from here on out I’ll just ignore you so you won’t get upset again.

Oh look, another person that lacks the ability to comprehend. I responded to what you said, and specifically stated I'm talking about your claim that "Talking about it isn't a crime." I said I'm not talking about this kid in particular. Go back and re-read it. What's the difference between saying to someone "I want to be a suicide bomber" and attempting to do it. Versus saying I want to shoot up a school, and then trying to buy a gun? Nothing. Acting on plans of committing crimes is in fact illegal.

I didn't say anything sideways to you. You can't take someone saying you're wrong and got butt hurt, but have the nerve to say I'm thin skinned. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom