• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is me now days

I am right there with you. It's more just the proper words I am looking for. When I was younger I carry on conversation and use words that let people know I was edumacated. Nowadays It really takes me a minute or two to think of the word I want to use. I can tell exactly what the definition is but the expanded vocabulary I used to speak in is freaking gone.

As long as you don't forget anything important........I lost some short term memory after my open heart. They thin your blood way down and run it in a machine to keep you alive during the surgery. You can have a stroke. It's all good, I'm still here. And I've accomplished a lot of things since then. Now where's the kitchen and what was I going to wright on that post it??.......What where we talking about??......Who are you??........🤣

As long as you don't forget anything important........I lost some short term memory after my open heart. They thin your blood way down and run it in a machine to keep you alive during the surgery. You can have a stroke. It's all good, I'm still here. And I've accomplished a lot of things since then. Now where's the kitchen and what was I going to wright on that post it??.......What where we talking about??......Who are you??........🤣
All we can do is laugh about it. There ain't no sense in getting all worked up and worried. The folks my age and older tell me I ain't seen nothing yet. Oh well bring it on! I love a challenge. He he he

I think I’d forget my own name if people didn’t call me by it. I have to continuously write notes, set reminders, and use all kinds of tricks, otherwise it goes poof and I forget. It makes my job more difficult and stressful, but I still manage to get it all done. It just takes developing new habits, and a little more time and effort.

Brother, I can relate. And it's scary as hell.

Brother, I can relate. And it's scary as hell.
It’s such a marked difference in the last few years. I sometimes think I have something going on, then I put my readers on, so it’s not just my memory fading. I hope it’s just age (I’m 51) but time will tell if I lost the genetic lottery. Alot of dementia in my family. The only good thing is by the time you get it, you don’t even realize it.

Have a few seizures….you won’t remember squat !
LMAO 🤣
My memory was bad before….now it is deplorable!!
The bright side is you won't stay mad at your Wife for long......And she can't fault you if you can't remember she's mad at you......That's my story and I'm sticking with it.....

All we can do is laugh about it. There ain't no sense in getting all worked up and worried. The folks my age and older tell me I ain't seen nothing yet. Oh well bring it on! I love a challenge. He he he
Hmmm, some of us may not need to be challenged like that.....Next stop might be the funny farm....

It’s such a marked difference in the last few years. I sometimes think I have something going on, then I put my readers on, so it’s not just my memory fading. I hope it’s just age (I’m 51) but time will tell if I lost the genetic lottery. Alot of dementia in my family. The only good thing is by the time you get it, you don’t even realize it.
My mind was ironclad till about age 29.......

Back
Top Bottom