• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This little fella joined me in the garden this am

We got em’ too, several times a day they come out and graze in the yard. Cute little buggers give Dixie fits trying to catch em’. She don’t understand the art of being stealthy though, she goes out to pee and see’s one she just immediately takes off haulin’ ass after em’ but in two years she still hasn’t caught one yet. They do provide her with some good exercise though. :lol:

25D62E3E-9CE9-447F-AC68-5330CB3C215F.jpeg

Up here in the mountains of Virginia they are everywhere in my yard. I have groundhogs, rabbits, squirrels and deer. One the right side of my fairly large yard is a albino family of groundhogs. I posted a pick under " I finally got him ". Meaning a pic of course. No shooting of wildlife on my property. I had to tell my neighbors do not shoot my groundhogs. PERIOD!

We got em’ too, several times a day they come out and graze in the yard. Cute little buggers give Dixie fits trying to catch em’. She don’t understand the art of being stealthy though, she goes out to pee and see’s one she just immediately takes off haulin’ ass after em’ but in two years she still hasn’t caught one yet. They do provide her with some good exercise though. :lol:

View attachment 4576834
Beautiful Am Staff. Looks like my Opie that passed a couple years ago. We had 15 wonderful years with him. THE MOST gentle soul ever. Unless you were a fly or cockroach 🪳. You couldn't help but be in a good mood around him. He loved people. Looked menacing but was the sweetest dog in the world. Everybody thst walked through the door was a new best friend to him. He just had to get up on the couch and sit up either behind you if you were leaning forward or right beside you if you sitting back. Happened every time some new came in. If you weren't careful you would get his typical hello. A big wet tongue in the ear. LOL I loved to see unsuspecting victims receive his favorite display of affection. It was hilarious to see the reaction that gave women. 🤣 Men just loved it.

Beautiful Am Staff. Looks like my Opie that passed a couple years ago. We had 15 wonderful years with him. THE MOST gentle soul ever. Unless you were a fly or cockroach 🪳. You couldn't help but be in a good mood around him. He loved people. Looked menacing but was the sweetest dog in the world. Everybody thst walked through the door was a new best friend to him. He just had to get up on the couch and sit up either behind you if you were leaning forward or right beside you if you sitting back. Happened every time some new came in. If you weren't careful young would his typical hello. A big wet tongue in the ear. LOL I loved to see unsuspecting victims receive his favorite display of affection. It was hilarious to see the reaction that gave women. 🤣 Men just loved it.

You just described Dixie to a T. Lol! We got her from the pound two years ago, she was two years old when we got her then and still had staples in her belly from being spayed after having seven pups. She has some Staffy in her but I think she’s more of an English Staffy because of her size, she’s only 17” tall at the shoulders and 20” long from her chest to her butt and only weighs about 42 lbs. I could be wrong but all the Am Staffs I’ve ever seen were quite a bit bigger than Dixie. She is by far one of the sweetest and friendliest dogs I’ve ever seen or owned and I’ve had some really great dogs. She is one of the most stubborn dogs I’ve ever seen when she wants to be though, it’s pretty comical to see her facial expressions when she don’t wanna do something but she’s very intelligent, she’s got me and my wife wrapped tightly around her itty pitty paws. Lol! We don’t have grandkids so Dixie gets spoiled rotten everyday, whoever had her before we got her took very good care of her and must’ve spoiled her too, I’m sure she’s missed badly by someone. Life is just better when you have a dog, I think dogs are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. :thumb::becky:

Only thing is they won't stay in their garden.....LOL

I know! I got no answers, lol. Would try to bunny-proof the Baldilox garden as best I can, I guess.
I just know that I'm not one of those ball scratchin, chaw spittin basso profundos here who would gleefully sick their velociraptor/pit/t-rex on a little bunny, photograph the carnage and then post it up like "Faces of Death" on another ODTer's G-rated, nature-friendly thread. 'Caus that is some obnoxious dbaggery.

You just described Dixie to a T. Lol! We got her from the pound two years ago, she was two years old when we got her then and still had staples in her belly from being spayed after having seven pups. She has some Staffy in her but I think she’s more of an English Staffy because of her size, she’s only 17” tall at the shoulders and 20” long from her chest to her butt and only weighs about 42 lbs. I could be wrong but all the Am Staffs I’ve ever seen were quite a bit bigger than Dixie. She is by far one of the sweetest and friendliest dogs I’ve ever seen or owned and I’ve had some really great dogs. She is one of the most stubborn dogs I’ve ever seen when she wants to be though, it’s pretty comical to see her facial expressions when she don’t wanna do something but she’s very intelligent, she’s got me and my wife wrapped tightly around her itty pitty paws. Lol! We don’t have grandkids so Dixie gets spoiled rotten everyday, whoever had her before we got her took very good care of her and must’ve spoiled her too, I’m sure she’s missed badly by someone. Life is just better when you have a dog, I think dogs are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. :thumb::becky:
I couldn't agree more with that last sentence. I think he also gave us dogs like that to give us a guide on how we should love our families. Unconditional love and forgiveness and we can't still can't get it right and we have perfect examples sitting in our laps. Yes he does want us happy.

View attachment 4576834
They are certainly majestic looking dogs for sure.

Back
Top Bottom