• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts/input on AR pistol brace options

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
I'm at the point in my build that I need to select a brace for my pistol. This is my first pistol build and I have no hands on experience with braces.

Specs so far:
8 1/2" barrel 300BLKOUT
Mystic-x suppressor
Adams Arms xlp piston kit w/ low mass bolt carrier
JP Customs carbon fiber handguard 15" (1 1/2" of suppressor will stick out)
Integrity Arms upper/lower
Velocity 2 1/2 lb trigger
Magpul grip
Vortex Venom 3moa

I would like to use a JP Customs Silent Capture Spring. I'm unsure what length buffer tube to buy, I'm assuming it would depend on the type of brace I get. The 3 I've seen are:

Sig brace (not getting it, don't like the Velcro idea)
KAK Shockwave
Tailhook

Am I'm missing any that I need to be looking at?

This pistol will always be supressed and used primarily for range fun, or home invasion, or alien invasion.

Price isn't an issue, however I may SBR it once all this ATF stuff settles down.

Pick one that's cheap. The ATF won't put you in jail for putting it up to your shoulder until your tax stamp comes back.

Then either put it on your next ar pistol or sell it here

Thanks for the input everyone...decided on the Maxim for the JP spring option, collapsible design, and swap out to a stock with form 1 approval.

You made a good choice. I have the non-brace model on my SBR and crazy enough, I like the brace model BETTER because everything is identical except you have a nice rubber but stock instead of metal. Had they had the brace version, I would have never SBR'd.

Back
Top Bottom