• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on BMW Cars...

I've only owned one BMW in my life and we bought it new. It was in June of '03 and the '04s were a new body style.

BMW 530i with sport and premium package. Black with tan leather. Best car I've ever owned. Smooth; very smooth. Not a hot rod, just a refined sport sedan.

Sold it three years later with 37,000 miles and got back 75% of what we paid for it.

I sure miss that car...

I've only owned one BMW in my life and we bought it new. It was in June of '03 and the '04s were a new body style.

BMW 530i with sport and premium package. Black with tan leather. Best car I've ever owned. Smooth; very smooth. Not a hot rod, just a refined sport sedan.

Sold it three years later with 37,000 miles and got back 75% of what we paid for it.

I sure miss that car...

Wow thats a pretty good return for a new car. The 500 series are the ones I've been looking at since they're the bigger sedan. So why'd you sell it???

Wow thats a pretty good return for a new car. The 500 series are the ones I've been looking at since they're the bigger sedan. So why'd you sell it???

Wife wanted a Honda Pilot since we had twins. And I got a new job with a company car. Couldn't afford it just as a weekend car.

/SIGH/

How so? No room for your hands/tools or is it just a maintenance hog?

Maintenance hog. They don't seem to ever want to stop leaking. It's probably 30% more work than a standard in line 6 BMW....but they really are awesome. I had a 540i 6 speed manual with the sport package and Dinan Stage 2 tune. That car ALWAYS put a smile on my face.

Maintenance hog. They don't seem to ever want to stop leaking. It's probably 30% more work than a standard in line 6 BMW....but they really are awesome. I had a 540i 6 speed manual with the sport package and Dinan Stage 2 tune. That car ALWAYS put a smile on my face.

Lol I'm used to leaks. My Accord leaves a trail where ever it goes... How bad was the mpg on the V8?

E36 M3 as well. Good cars, but if you get a newer one, if repairs are needed, they are EXPENSIVE to fix. Plus they tank in value.

The mid 90's cars are fun and pretty reliable. They have their fair share of quicks like most older cars, but it's really a matter of preference.

E36 M3 as well. Good cars, but if you get a newer one, if repairs are needed, they are EXPENSIVE to fix. Plus they tank in value.

The mid 90's cars are fun and pretty reliable. They have their fair share of quicks like most older cars, but it's really a matter of preference.

Ya my main goal is to find a model thats mostly easy to maintain, reliable and doesn't have a ton of known bugs. My honda has 264k miles on it and I just can't justify putting any more money in something that old. I'd rather put it towards a newer looking vehicle that won't make the girls frown. Heck, my neighbors won't even wave at me when I drive through the neighborhood.

Lol I'm used to leaks. My Accord leaves a trail where ever it goes... How bad was the mpg on the V8?

Uh...not bad. But if you're worried about mpg then the v8 isn't for you. Putting around town I'd get 17-18....usually more like 14-16 since you just can't help but wind that V8 out whenever you can. Highway was mid 20s cruising at 70...

Back
Top Bottom