• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts On Creating An Outdoor Range

Who's going to use this range---just you, or the general public ?
Or to split the difference will it be a members only range, where members of the "public" can pay a fee and thus become "private" --to do idiotic and dangerous behavior when they're alone on the range and no one is looking ?
I should have been a little more clear I guess. It's private. The idea is to set it up and then do some "invite shoots". I am really looking for ideas on how to set up targets and stations. Safety is always priority 1, but is easily manageable when the general public isn't involved.

INSURANCE, INSURANCE, INSURANCE, INSURANCE,

Need good hard clear and fast rules, and they must be enforced or you'll regret it everyday, signs explaining the range, range rules, and of course "RANGE COURTESY", most people know nothing about that at all, rules about people who bring small children and think they can just turn them loose to run wild...

Need the lanes lined off because some range users get off to one side or the other and can interfere with others shooting...

We have experienced the above at even the best ranges, how some people manage to stay alive simply amazes us, not to mention their children...

Have some soft drink machines and even a snack machine, those will provide some income to
help supplement the cost of maintenance of the range, maybe even hot dogs/hamburgers, special events, even BBQ, no alcohol at all...
Thanks for the idea on marking lanes. I hadn't thought about that one. Like I stated in another reply, safety is priority 1 but is a little more controllable because this will be a private range and invite only type deal. The suggestions around rules is a good one regardless. Clearly posted so we are all on the same page. Thank you!

IMG_7105.JPG

Back
Top Bottom