Thoughts on M&P Shield Plus

Saw a guy pick one up at AO yesterday while I was buying my TX-22 Competition. I think they were around that (^^) price, but not sure on how many they had in stock.

Looked like a nice gun, but I'd like to see the Ruger Max before I look at something different than my P365.

Thickness. Plus on left, standard on right
IMG_20210321_203625.jpg

I have a Gen 1 Shield with an Apex trigger and a P365. They both shoot exceptionally well, but for pocket carry the P365 wins hands down. The Smith is just slightly larger and just doesn't work as a pocket pistol. I would buy it anyway if I did not also own a Gen 1 S&W 12rd M&P Compact. When you ask why it took so long just remember they have sold 3,000,000 plus original Shields, so they had zero reason in coming out with something that will basically kill the sales of the original single stack. Why carry 7 when you can carry 12!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Georgia Gun Store had both versions of the Shield Plus for $480 Saturday. The flat faced trigger shoe is as big of a game changer as the higher capacity mags. I'm impressed. Can't wait to see the Ruger Max 9 that will be hitting gun stores this week too.

Gun Talk Radio (available as a podcast too) had interviews with a SW rep about the new Shield Plus and a Ruger rep about the Max. Both sound like worthy competitors to the Hellcat and even the P365.

Back
Top Bottom