• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on Ruger American Ranch?

OFace12

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
Curious what you guys' experiences are with the Ruger American Ranch? I was up at Georgia Gun Store this afternoon picking up a couple of things and went browsing over to their rifle rack. They had one chambered in 300 blackout for $393. I thought that it would make for a fun and super quiet rifle that I could throw my Sandman L on. Was also thinking about picking up a Sandman K in the future and putting that one there would make for a very short suppressed shooter.

Let me know how you guys like or dislike them!

I'd go with the AR mag model, a quick search will reveal that the original mag is a POS. But I also have no experience other than in-store fondling.

How do you like the L? I'm a 152 days in on the stamp wait for mine.

I had one for a long time in .223. It was a very accurate and enjoyable rifle to shoot. I actually had 3 or 4 rotary mags for it, and had no problem out of any of them. There were some reports of issues with that style mag, but perhaps they have corrected whatever the issue may have been. I was able to get a great grouping at 100 yards, even with a cheap scope on it. I have been tempted to purchase another (traded it towards a Jeep, another addiction of mine.) The trigger is really nice for the cost, and I like the 60 deg on the action. (Bolt doesn’t rest on your hand when down.) It was really smooth, and I was able to use my thumb to work the action.

I don't have the ranch model but the Ruger American Predator I have in .308 (I picked one up at Dawsonville Gun for $319 a while back) is a fine rifle for the money. It groups well with 150 grain Federal, at 100 yds from a rest I can cover a 5 round group with a quarter. Plenty happy with it!!

I know a local guy that does load development for rich folks and he showed me some groups that he shot with several different calibers that they had purchased for their kids and they were outstanding.

I'm very fond of mine in .223. I have the original with the "bad" roto-mags, all of which work great. I did a little work to help the barrel float, lightened the trigger, put half decent glass and bipod on it and I can smoke bullseyes at 400 easy with my cheap wolf gold I use for my AR.

I have a closet full of the ammo anyway, I live in an Urban/Suburban environment. The rifle gives me a capability that is useful to me for very little investment. Add a can and night optics, and things get VERY interesting.

Insane rifles for the money... I have threaded Ruger Americans in 22, 22 mag, 223, 300 bo, 308, and 6.5CM. SUPPRESSED THE 300bo is just silly. Same with the 22, I use cci quiet segmented hp.

9B363C49-9A8B-4EE0-B886-5F37A33FD831.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom