• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on the Mossberg MVP .308 vs Savage 11 Scout .308?

Ive always loved the stainless finish on ruger rifles. I had a moment with one---polymer stock and detachable mag bull barrel threaded nato. Oh my

I want one so bad.

I need a good deer rifle, and this is it

I'm not convinced with that answer. Yes, Ruger has good CS, but I'm mainly focus on performance to value ratio, and not brand loyalty.

The performance is there.

Craftsmanship and quality. I'm sure there are plenty of videos comparing the three.

The performance is there.

Craftsmanship and quality. I'm sure there are plenty of videos comparing the three.
I have a Savage 10 that outshoots my Remington 700, so again, I'm not convinced that the Ruger is the better performing rifle just "because" it has a name behind it. I don't I want to spend %50 more on the Ruger when I'm getting very little back. All these rifles are built in the USA. The Savage has the Accutrigger and Accustock, and the Mossberg has it's own version of Accutrigger. And my requirement is a 18" minimum barrel lenght.

I'm not saying the Ruger is a bad rifle, I've handled one, looks great, but I'm not really looking for the Ruger, and that's not the rifle I'm asking about.

These two are literally the same price point. That's why I'm asking.

I want one so bad.

I need a good deer rifle, and this is it

That one replaced my 270, I hunt in the woods and not going to shoot over 200 yards with it...probably not 100 yards honestly. I really Ike the scout concept, and easily shooting with both eyes open.

They tend to geerally sell for $200+ more than these two, so I'm not sure what I'm getting in return for that extra money.

EDIT: I'm not looking for a hunting rifle. So, weight is irrelevant. I am generally going to use it for range fun, maybe SHTF kind of rifle.
my .02

Mossys have more options style wise. .. but they are the "bang for your buck" rifle in my opinion .

Savage is always the rifle I consider for practicality, however -I haven't played with the scout models.

The ruger is just right. Weight, rail and trigger all on point. If I were hunting, no doubt in my mind which of the 3 I pick. For a range toy nothing wrong with a savage

I have a Savage 10 that outshoots my Remington 700, so again, I'm not convinced that the Ruger is the better performing rifle just "because" it has a name behind it. I don't I want to spend %50 more on the Ruger when I'm getting very little back. All these rifles are built in the USA. The Savage has the Accutrigger and Accustock, and the Mossberg has it's own version of Accutrigger. And my requirement is a 18" minimum barrel lenght.

I'm not saying the Ruger is a bad rifle, I've handled one, looks great, but I'm not really looking for the Ruger, and that's not the rifle I'm asking about.

These two are literally the same price point. That's why I'm asking.

I say Savage then. I'm not a big fan of Mossberg bolt action.

That one replaced my 270, I hunt in the woods and not going to shoot over 200 yards with it...probably not 100 yards honestly. I really Ike the scout concept, and easily shooting with both eyes open.

By my ODT AR so I can get one!!

Between the two, the AR10 mags would make the Mossberg an easy sell for me.

I had the Ruger and have held the others. I think the Ruger just feels better all around. The parts seem thicker and the build is more solid. That being said, I'll still consider the Mossberg when I get around to getting another bolt action.

Between the two, the AR10 mags would make the Mossberg and easy sell for me.

I had the Ruger and have held the others. I think the Ruger just feels better all around. The parts seem thicker and the build is more solid. That being said, I'll still consider the Mossberg when I get around to getting another bolt action.

The bolt actin feels good on the Ruger too!

Back
Top Bottom