• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Three Percenters, Oath Keepers, etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauphin Gravy

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
51   0
Reaction score
*Feds not welcome*

So in light of current events, I would really like to know the current status or view on militias. I hear of these organizations but nothing I’ve seen strikes me as a “well regulated Militia,” to quote the second amendment.

Anybody (members, those in the know, etc.) that would like to share please do so. If you’d feel more comfortable taking it offline, feel free to message me. Just curious if these are bonafide outfits, just a state of mind, or a bygone concept.

Hopefully, this subject has not become too taboo to get some feedback on. Thanks.

You will need to have this moved to politics and hot topics forum. Also the first rule of militias is don't talk about militias.

The powers that be will just put you on a list and will use it against you in the future.

I have no use for militias BTW. Oh hi there 3 letter organization.

BATF is 4 letters, just saying....
Back in my day we called it the ATF now it is actually BATFE.

upload_2020-8-20_11-10-32.jpeg

”Also the first rule of militias is don't talk about militias.“

Yeah, it’s an interesting thought to think about a secret club of well-armed, organized patriots (the kind not looking to overthrow the gov’t) but, I’m not convinced. At least not from what I’ve seen on tv.

In light of the black and communist riots, looting, dragging white people out of their cars and beating them senseless, burning government buildings...

1-- The BLM / AntiFa's armed goons are the LEFTIST version of all those right-wing militia groups, but just one notch higher on the "crazy" scale. Lawless, ungovernable, with no respect for society or our laws. All they care about is their narrow agenda and supporting "their people" and "their side" of the politicial spectrum.

2-- The kind of MILITIA that would help in these situations is a true citizen's militia as it existed many generations ago, which aids and assists the local governing officials (Governor, mayors, county commissioners, etc.) in keeping the peace and restoring order (if necessary, by helping put down rebels and outlaws). But these militias don't operate outside the law-- their goals and big picture methods are established by the law and by emergency ordered issued by the government. They don't stand in opposition to the government, and aren't vigilantes.

P.S. I don't know if that kind of militia even exists today.
Some private militia groups may or may not be close to it.

So might some quasi-law-enforcement groups, like "reserve officers" or "reserve deputies" with the police or Sheriff's office. Or "auxilliary officer" groups, affiliated with a specific department of some L.E. agency. Or, the GSDF- Ga. State Defense Force (although they're currently an unarmed force, and thus not really ready at this time to fully do Second Amendment type duties).

In light of the black and communist riots, looting, dragging white people out of their cars and beating them senseless, burning government buildings...

1-- The BLM / AntiFa's armed goons are the LEFTIST version of all those right-wing militia groups, but just one notch higher on the "crazy" scale. Lawless, ungovernable, with no respect for society or our laws. All the care about is their narrow agenda and supporting "their people" and "their side" of the politicial spectrum.

2-- The kind of MILITIA that would help in these situations is a true citizen's militia as it existed many generations ago, which aids and assists the local governing officials (Governor, mayors, county commissioners, etc.) in keeping the peace and restoring order (if necessary, but helping put down rebels and outlaws). But these militias don't operate outside the law-- their goals and big picture methods are established by the law and by emergency ordered issued by the government. They don't stand in opposition to the government, and aren't vigilantes.

P.S. I don't know if that kind of militia even exists. Some private militia groups may or may not be close to it. So might some quasi-law-enforcement groups, like "reserve officers" or "reserve deputies" with the police or Sheriff's office. Or "auxilliary officer" groups, affiliated with a specific department of some L.E. agency. Or, the GSDF- Ga. State Defense Force (although they're currently an unarmed force, and thus not really ready at this time to fully do Second Amendment type duties).
Very well put. Your second bullet describes exactly how I would like to think of these organizations but like you, am not sure that exists. The GSDF is new to me however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom