Ticket in Madison...advice?

klondyke46

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
134   0
Reaction score
There I was driving along straight into the setting sun. It was a four-lane and I was pretty sure, still am, that I was flowing with the traffic. Sun was in my eyes and I honestly didn't look at my speedometer...it jumps around anyway in a twenty year old truck that is definitely not a hotrod. I haven't had a speeding ticket in at least two decades. When the blue lights approached in my rear view, they stood out fine since they were in the shade. I pulled over and met a professional Policeman. He asked me twice if there was an emergency. I said no, what's the problem? I guess I shoulda said yes and made up an emergency. After my "no" he seemed upset and said I was doing more than 20 over the speed limit...No Way! I explained that the sun was in my eyes and I was flowing with traffic and I wasn't driving a hotrod...and asked if he could have mistaken my vehicle for another? I got a ticket. He knocked about eight MPH off the ticket and told me "he better not see me again". I'm no criminal and don't know why he'd say this. What should I do? Go to court? Send a lawyer? Just pay the ticket and move on? Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay the ticket, it's a money thing for cities! Buy a newer truck, get some sunglasses and slow down!!! I got one last year in the town of Emerson, $149 or so. That city has 5 buildings and a courthouse in the back of a church. It's what they do to pay the cops and city workers,,

Next time you need an emergency, remember the phrase "I'm about to crap my pants!"

You can call the judges office and as to have it reduced to less than 15 over- that shouldn't effect your insurance. But the fine will be the same... They just want their money.

Madison is a good little city. I'll pay it I reckon. Is there any truth to "if you pay a little extra $ they'll send you a refund check for the extra. If you never cash the refund check then, the ticket won't show up on your driving record?"

Madison is a good little city. I'll pay it I reckon. Is there any truth to "if you pay a little extra $ they'll send you a refund check for the extra. If you never cash the refund check then, the ticket won't show up on your driving record?"
I wouldn't count on it. Just suck it up and pay the fine.

I think I remember getting a ticket in Madison a few years back. I did a lot of driving between Braselton and Augusta.

Back
Top Bottom