• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time travel?

Im not sure what point you are trying to make with the sun and radiant energy. The sun's energy cannot exist in two places at once. When you burn a piece of wood the majority of the potential energy stored within it is released to its surroundings via heat and light. Once it is in thermal equilibrium with its environment it is "burned out". Likewise the sun heats the earth through a fusion reaction, transmitting the energy to the planets and the far reaches of space as radiation and light. As there is no medium in the vacuum of space, radiation and light is the only means of energy transfer. The sun is not an infinite supply of heat and light, albeit incredibly large it will at some point go out. This is a process of entropy as everything in the universe is moving torwards a state of thermal equilibrium.

I agree personal energy is not relevant, because its not energy rather information. It would be the arrangement of electrons that makes you "you". This leaves the realm of thermodynamics and ventures into quantum physics and the way the world is arranged. I personally feel the soul is something that cannot be measured or clearly defined with science

I am a little a.d.d. and a.d.h.d. so my post might sometimes ramble or jump subject,sorry.

with radiant energy, since energy cannot be created, when radiant energy is given off/split from the source it is in essence
in two places at once.

I am a little a.d.d. and a.d.h.d. so my post might sometimes ramble or jump subject,sorry.

with radiant energy, since energy cannot be created, when radiant energy is given off/split from the source it is in essence
in two places at once.

Okay so you have radiant energy, which is radiation, energy in the form of an electromagnetic wave, so where did it come from? It isn't the source projecting itself onto something else, it is being emitted from a source. In the case of fusion, it is a by-product of the two atoms joining. Take your typical hydrogen bomb for example, you are combining the nucleides Tritium and Deuterium, with a rough atomic mass of 3 and 2 respectively. After they join, you are left with a Helium -4 atom, with an atomic mass of 4.98. So what happened to the .02? It was converted directly to energy. The energy required to hold the new atom together has a smaller demand than it did to hold them together seperately. This energy is referred to as binding energy. The same principle holds true in fission, only the binding energy released in fission is much smaller than that of fusion, hence the vast difference in potency the two power sources have. The vast majority of the energy in binding energy that is released is simple kinetic energy or heat. Other by products of fission and fusion typically include individual particles and radiation, which in the sun's case is how energy is delivered to earth (photon, also known as light, has properties of a particle and an electromagnetic wave).

So not to diverge to deeply, all energy, even radiant energy has to come from somewhere. It is either in transit or it's stationary. In the sun's case, it isn't magically created or in two places at once. The sun is a massive nuclear reactor converting mass to energy, it just has a lot of fuel, does it very slowly, and extremely potent and efficent at doing so.

Last edited:
Radiant energy=energy passed for one item to another.

I sit in a chair for awhile,the chair seat gets warm,I get up and leave the room,energy is then in two
places at the same time.?.

or is the heat in the chair just the by product of my energy,and the chair seat has
no energy at all?

but if thats the case then when a toaster uses radiant energy to brown the toast,
how can the toast burn your hand if it has no energy itsself?

I sit in a chair for awhile,the chair seat gets warm,I get up and leave the room,energy is then in two

or is the heat in the chair just the by product of my energy,and the chair seat has
no energy at all?

but if thats the case then when a toaster uses radiant energy to brown the toast,

Any substance above absolute zero has energy. I see where you are saying energy is at two places at once, but it isn't the same energy. If energy is transmitted, what is transmitting it has to give up energy. You have to give up a little ability to do to work to actually do work, right?

Since we have the Area51 threads, I thought I would put this one up for you guys. People who have seen the clip claim a person of interest walks by an open taping in 1928 of "the circus" starring Charlie Chaplin. Lots of links out there claiming this is evidence of possible time travel? I ask...where's the dang cell tower during this clip:confused:

Has anyone done time travel?

no energy at all?

LOL

4DD9BC3B-66A6-4883-A7F5-EE96F926E8A1.gif

Back
Top Bottom