• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tipping: I can't be the only one, right?

I tip my waitresses in cash so they can just pocket the cash and not have to claim it.
And I know a lot of people do that and a lot of wait staff do....but that bothers me even more because now, I paid the tax on the money that I'm giving you tax free....all because BigRestaur and FedGov got together on a deal to screw both me and the waitstaff over so that they could make more money.

f34fd0ef-8601-450b-85af-bde90f9d328f_text.gif
847058e2-e68e-41dd-b759-222c8b27c5c7_text.gif

And I know a lot of people do that and a lot of wait staff do....but that bothers me even more because now, I paid the tax on the money that I'm giving you tax free....all because BigRestaur and FedGov got together on a deal to screw both me and the waitstaff over so that they could make more money.
Honestly a lot of times I don't even know who I'm tipping anymore.

1. The one who took my drink order
2. The one who brought the drinks
3. The one who took my food order
4. The one who brought the food out
5. Etc....

How many people does it take?

If someone is given me a service of any kind and I know they went above and beyond on what agreed upon.
they get something 'monetary' not always cash ....... ie he fixed the popper on the agreed upon price, but he noticed the water service line was bad, so he replaced it..... says he had one the truck he can't sell, (do to the package was opened.) that man gets a can drink or money for one .........

Honestly a lot of times I don't even know who I'm tipping anymore.

1. The one who took my drink order
2. The one who brought the drinks
3. The one who took my food order
4. The one who brought the food out
5. Etc....

How many people does it take?
Yeah, that's only come around in the last decade or two. My wife used to work as an "expo" when she was in college. Short for "expediter." Her entire job was to take plates from the kitchen to the table. When we first started dating I asked her why the waitress couldn't do that. Because she was busy taking orders and refilling drinks, was the answer I got back. And how much of the waitresses tip do you get? 20%, was the answer I got back.

So she was doing 1/3 of the waitresses job and getting waitress pay, as well, but only getting 20% of a 15% tip, at best. I remember working in a pizza joint in high school where the waitresses somehow managed to take orders, fill drinks, and take food to tables. Occasionally, if they were super swamped they would ask us to take a pizza out to table...and we'd do it. And they'd offer us a few dollars tip. And we'd refuse it.

We've become old men, brother. Things are different.

Back
Top Bottom