• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

TiRant 9 disassembly help...

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
I ran 100 rounds thru this starting for brand new. I had opened it before just to give it a oil rub on the threads. So after the range today, I let it sit all day and now I can't get it open and the baffles won't come out. The 147gr federal caked it up real bad! Looks like I ran 10k in it.

picking mine up int two weeks so cant tell you def the answer. Some guys have been boiling the can and putting the tool in the vicew to get it working loose to clean

I had to get pliers and carefully unscrew the booster housing. It took me about 15 mins trying to get the baffles out. The suppressor was made so tight that little gun powder was enough to keep the baffles in there. Didn't think gun powder could be such a pain. I finally cleaned it the best i could. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes. My piston went from grey to half black and grey, that carbon really stains the metals. :(

If anyone have a solution that cleans it really good let me know! I had hoppes solvent and oil. It got a lot of it but not clean clean. I guess once the burnt gun powder and lead build up, you won't be able to clean it like new right?

shoot it, use oven mit. you can stick it in the oven but its not as fun as shooting it. it will help loosen things up a bit.

use the dip or straight vinegar. both result in lead acetate so WEAR GLOVES! the result will be like new baffles. i do it to my element every 1500 rds. moving close to the 10k rd mark and the can looks like the day it was new. Ti/Stainless only!

Last edited:
Yeah the TiRant is only Ti in the tube and ss on the main baffle everything else is aluminum. I'm not sure what the booster is made out of but it's heavy so it must be Ti. The 7 other baffles are aluminum no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom