• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of taking meds.

I was on cholesterol meds (lowest dose possible) blood pressure meds same - low dose and baby aspirin.
Stopped them all 3 years ago. Vascular doc I see asked me why I stopped and I told him I just got tired of taking them. His comment “ well, right now you’re ok but borderline needing to be on them”. 3 years ago- see him every 6 months. Still borderline… what does that tell you… I’m 68 biting 69 on the ass right now.
Everyones different. He also said if I didn’t take anything else to still take that aspirin once a day.

I just got on meds, to get off of beer and bourbon….been self medicating for pain for a while now. Got tired of it, and went to a pain doctor. This doc thinks it’s damaged nerves from the radiation, and put me on a short term nerve medicine. If this relieves the pain, we do a nerve block, and hopefully, no more pain…

Just curious if anyone has come to the conclusion they are over medicated and decided to take less? I mean there is a pill for cholesterol. There is a pill for blood pressure. There is a pill for anxiety and if that doesn’t work let’s add another. There is a pill for depression once your anxiety is under control and you realize you are numb. When do the side effects out weigh the symptoms

I know there are risk to coming off meds. I also know you should talk to your doctor before doing any of this. Just curious if anyone has taken and then successfully gotten off of and how you felt
Been there done that and ended up in the hospital. I don't recommend it.

Put all your meds in a glass of water and see what happens after a hour. There is no way a Dr or even a chemist can tell what all those meds complex into once they are in the body. The less meds the better.
Unless you have a full blown laboratory at home to check it with, you’ll probably just see a glass of water.

Just curious if anyone has come to the conclusion they are over medicated and decided to take less? I mean there is a pill for cholesterol. There is a pill for blood pressure. There is a pill for anxiety and if that doesn’t work let’s add another. There is a pill for depression once your anxiety is under control and you realize you are numb. When do the side effects out weigh the symptoms

I know there are risk to coming off meds. I also know you should talk to your doctor before doing any of this. Just curious if anyone has taken and then successfully gotten off of and how you felt
Everything you are describing treats a SYMPTOM, and does nothing to fix the CAUSE. It's boring, but it's true, diet and exercise will fix a boatload of problems. If I was on any medication at all, I'd focus like a laser on fixing the cause.
You can do it!

You can never under estimate how your lifestyle, habits and routine impact your physical and mental health. An easy to do inexpensive hobby is always enjoyable. I fish for bream with crickets from the bank with ultra light tackle .

Talk to your doctor about blood pressure and cholesterol. If you stop taking BP meds and take your BP twice a day for a month and it is good , then you have some good data/info to share with your doctor that could justify a change. Cholesterol is diet related. It is what it is when blood work determines your levels.

Mental health issues not caused by a hormonal imbalance is different. A doctor will RX medication instead participating in your pity party.

Best thing I ever did was getting of the prescription train years ago. BP and cholesterol meds are all I take now and I'm working on getting off those. As stated diet and exercise can greatly reduce the need for medication and improve mental health. The old saying "You are what you eat" is dead on. Put junk in your body and you become junk.
Getting a second medical opinion on the meds you are taking is an option. It's nice to have a Dr that you like, it's better to have a good Dr.

Back
Top Bottom