• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Title for vehicle

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Let's compare car notes and insurance premiums, said the proud owner of a '97 F-150.
That's funny too

My 70k truck cost me 100 bucks month insurance
Premium 100k 300k 100k

My 99 civic at 25k 50k 25k cost 87 bucks month

Go figure huh

Bigger truck causes more damage right ?

But is safer then civic

Civic is rare and highly stolen then truck

99 f150 had cost 90 month

So yeah

The 73-87 pickups and 73-91 K-5 Blazers are picking up value in a hurry
The plastic 92 newer yukons tahoes , not so much

No point in Comparing ins rates
Way to many variables based on age , driving history , prior claims , FICO score etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 73-87 pickups and 73-91 K-5 Blazers are picking up value in a hurry
The plastic 92 newer yukons tahoes , not so much

No point in Comparing ins rates
Way to many variables based on age , driving history , prior claims , FICO score etc

Prices on the little Broncos are going out of sight.

Prices on the little Broncos are going out of sight.
True

And just a few years ago you couldn't give one away

The 78-96 Broncos are drifting up too

And now with the first and second generation mustangs the convertibles are cheaper than the fastbacks

I sold an 84 VW Westfalia on eBay motors back in 2014. And that's the LAST transaction I'll do on eBay but that's beside the point. The point here is that I dealt with a bunch of out of state potential buyers who needed a title and we didn't have one. So I called the tag office about it and was told that not only does the state of Georgia not require a title on vehicles older than 85 they also will not provide a new title for one no matter what. They WILL provide a letter explaining this to tag offices in other states but that didn't matter to my buyers.
Short answer here is anything older than 85 is legally up for grabs as far as legal ownership.

The tag office tried that with me. I told them that I came in with a title and I expected to receive a new one in the mail. And I did.
Now if all I had was a BOS, then I wouldn't be expecting a title.

The tag office tried that with me. I told them that I came in with a title and I expected to receive a new one in the mail. And I did.
Now if all I had was a BOS, then I wouldn't be expecting a title.

That was correct information. If you have a title on an older vehicle, Georgia will issue a new certificate for that title. It will not issue a new title on a BOS.

Reactions: MRM
That was correct information. If you have a title on an older vehicle, Georgia will issue a new certificate for that title. It will not issue a new title on a BOS.

This information posted by you is incorrect.

"So I called the tag office about it and was told that not only does the state of Georgia not require a title on vehicles older than 85 they also will not provide a new title for one no matter what."

Well my tag office said that they would issue one only if it has never been registered with a bos.
Basically if you have a title, you can get a title.

this happened to me with a early 80's chevy truck that i bought from
a friend. he bought it from a lady,had the title but lost it and registered
it with a BOS. he found the title and gave it to me when i bought the
truck from him,but since it was registered without the title there was nothing
i could do to obtain one(or so i was told by the tag office)

Back
Top Bottom