387.9 KB · Views: 41
  • mms_picture(10).jpg
    mms_picture(10).jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 38
  • mms_picture(11).jpg
    mms_picture(11).jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Just found the Trilux manual on line and I am definitely missing the brightness adjustment knob. Still wanting to know more about this rifle. Anyone? ... Anyone?

It's a century built FAL...I don't do optics so I can't help you there. I had a century FAL a few years ago...it did not run so good until I had an FAL 'smith tune it up. Ran like a top after that. With all century products it's hit and miss as far as quality.

It may be a good solid rifle. As long as it functions properly and other issues can be readily overcome.

Hit me up too if you have questions......and IHO good trade/upgrade, I love my L1A1. I would always recommend getting gauges and making sure its go/nogo.

The seller told me it was a U.S. receiver but would accept both metric and inch mags. Is this even possible? I have metric mags with it (got 2).

"If your rifle is an *early* Century International ("CAI") Sporter, then it can accept only METRIC magazines, not inch pattern. The early Century Sporters were basically an inch pattern parts kit built on a metric receiver--not a C1A1 inch pattern receiver. The latest CAI receivers have an "inch" magazine cut and the cut for the side-folding cocking handle, as well as the grooves for the legs on the rear of the dust-cover.
The general rule is that inch pattern receivers can accept EITHER inch OR metric magazines. However, when they are used in an inch gun, metric magazines do wobble a bit. This is because the front locking lug doesn't engage. They normally work fine, however. "

Last edited:
I got to cleaning mine and paint chipped of the lower, so i kept picking it off and low and behold found White paint lettered RHQ and below it the number 15 apparently rack number! This along with the matching numbers and bright bolt assembly led me to believe it was stored at a Regimental HeadQuarters and not really used much at all. Ill leave it as is til I get more history on it, i just hate they cut the barrels when it was imported, and as stated only metric mags in mine and most others.

Congrats on the Fal, they are very good rifles and just plain cool looking.Thank goodness you didn't get a Hesse receiver.
One thing, I'd take it apart and clean it- and make sure you get the end piece on the gas tube back on the same orientation, it can go one of two ways.One way you have a fine semi auto, other way you'll have a single shot.
Also the amount of gas is adjustable, so if your ammo isn't cycling the action properly, make an adjustment.

Metric mags are usually lot cheaper than inch see them for $15-20 per up to what do you want to spend.
Good Luck, let's get a range report.

Back
Top Bottom