• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Top best & worst rifle scopes

I want the best scope for distances of 1000+ yards ,but also want to use to for home defense and close quarters combat when the zombie come. Low light situations and also be able to use it in the desert sun without any problems!

What you want sir is a M14 with iron sights then.

Best: Swarovski, Schmidt and Bender, Nightforce
Worst: NcStar, BSA

Worthless list. In optics, there are no bargains. You can be pretty confident in paying more will net you more performance.

1000 yards AND home defense? You don't want an optic then man. Open sights all the way.

I guess you didn't see the sarcasm font...duh!

I hear you man, but it's hard to tell with the internet. Or heck, even real life for that matter. I swear last Saturday I had 3 different guys utter those exact words to me when looking at optics for their new AR15's. Oh, and it had to be under $200 too.

Sorry, I guess I'm getting jaded.

I hear you man, but it's hard to tell with the internet. Or heck, even real life for that matter. I swear last Saturday I had 3 different guys utter those exact words to me when looking at optics for their new AR15's. Oh, and it had to be under $200 too.

Nah, Truglo will get that job done ;)! Sarcasm font: on​/off.

That is why I said it haha. People want an optic that does EVERYTHING! This ain't 2045 its still 2014 haha

I worked with a guy 10 years ago who used to shoot the long range matches. Can't remember the discipline; maybe it was the Camp Perry stuff. He had an AR with a 24" barrel. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be clearing his house with the same gun. BTW, it was iron sited.

It would be kind of cool if there was some actual first hand match experience with the same guys shooting different scopes off the same rifle in similar conditions over the period of a season to see how they compared. I have an old rifle just begging for a new scope with a BDC type reticle. Problem is, whenever I save the money, I spend it on a new gun, or food, or something else with a lower cool factor. If I was to drop a bundle of cash on a new scope, I wouldn't be ignoring the trigger too.

Back
Top Bottom