• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyo Tires White, Ga

Have a friend that worked there since it opened and said the shift work was horrible. Everyone was like a zombie and it led to family issues and depression issues and drug abuse for a lot of the guys. He said it was like a revolving door with people leaving cause they could not deal with it. That is just his opinion though and just passing it along. He actually didn't work the shift work as he was in another division but finally left last year.

anybody else got work up up at Toyo?

I interviewed with them over 3 years ago and they offered me a job. I ended up turning them down to go to work somewhere else (still there). I work swing shifts, but ours is based on the Dupont Schedule, which I love. I work 14 days a month but get a check every week. Rotating works for some people but doesn't for others. As far as Toyo, it was in the local paper (Cartersville) the other day that they're looking for help. You have to go to the Dept. of Labor here in town to apply. If you don't have the Work Ready Certificate, you need to get it. They give priority to those that do.

I interviewed with them over 3 years ago and they offered me a job. I ended up turning them down to go to work somewhere else (still there). I work swing shifts, but ours is based on the Dupont Schedule, which I love. I work 14 days a month but get a check every week. Rotating works for some people but doesn't for others. As far as Toyo, it was in the local paper (Cartersville) the other day that they're looking for help. You have to go to the Dept. of Labor here in town to apply. If you don't have the Work Ready Certificate, you need to get it. They give priority to those that do.
where r u working! They doing any hiring. I got work keys already Toyo paid for it but they never did anything with it. Went through the whole process but then they said probably hiring in the fall. Not helpful when you need work.,... FYI Your inbox is full

Hey man, I actually work there. We work 2on, 2off, 3on, 2off, 2on, 3off. Seems confusing buts its really not, they give you the weekend off before you change from nights to days or vice versa. Theyre actually hiring 400-500 people through the department of labor real soon, which is the way to go cause youll detour the temp process and start at $15.If you hire through our temp service (Ashton Staffing) they start at 12, which is the same shift as the reg Toyo employees, then usually in about 2-3 months you go temp to hire and 14. Once you're a temp to hire that begins a mandatory 6months period then you hire and become an official Toyo Employee and get another raise to 15. Once you're with Toyo you begin getting insurance, 401k, discounts on tires, etc. They also give a dollar raise every 6 months for the first year and a half then it starts tapering off. Top out is between 20-22 depending on what department. Most folks with a lazy attitude and sorry work ethic will quit, just depends on if you really wanna work or not. I'll be honest though if I was married with kids it'd be hard to leave them at home at night. You get half the month off so you get a lot of time off

Thanks!
Hey man, I actually work there. We work 2on, 2off, 3on, 2off, 2on, 3off. Seems confusing buts its really not, they give you the weekend off before you change from nights to days or vice versa. Theyre actually hiring 400-500 people through the department of labor real soon, which is the way to go cause youll detour the temp process and start at $15.If you hire through our temp service (Ashton Staffing) they start at 12, which is the same shift as the reg Toyo employees, then usually in about 2-3 months you go temp to hire and 14. Once you're a temp to hire that begins a mandatory 6months period then you hire and become an official Toyo Employee and get another raise to 15. Once you're with Toyo you begin getting insurance, 401k, discounts on tires, etc. They also give a dollar raise every 6 months for the first year and a half then it starts tapering off. Top out is between 20-22 depending on what department. Most folks with a lazy attitude and sorry work ethic will quit, just depends on if you really wanna work or not. I'll be honest though if I was married with kids it'd be hard to leave them at home at night. You get half the month off so you get a lot of time off

What's the skinny on pay for someone with extensive background in PLC/Calibration type areas? I have a friend who's looking for a change that lives out near the airport so it's close. I know he's got 8+ years military experience in that field and another 5 in a local company in a similar field.

Back
Top Bottom