• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Track Day at Road Atlanta (Race class) - 1996

Love seeing that front end get light coming out of the esse's before the run down to 12! Road Atlanta is probably one of the things most taken for granted in the state. I've seen the track grow over the years (didn't agree with every change-who does) and witnessed everything from Tom Cruise cleaning out every ditch with a Newman car to 150mph carts and some great W.E.R.A./AMA action! Love that track!

Road Atlanta was always one of my favorites for racing. unless you were on an under powered bike. that back straight was very long on my SV or Hawk! Not so much on the CBR1000rr. Never raced the CBR but it was good fun to wring it out at a track day or two there. Glad I got the chance to twist it to the stops on the track...

RRD- you still on the ICR list? I'm too lazy to look it up, but didn't know if you still got the emails....

Road Atlanta was always one of my favorites for racing. unless you were on an under powered bike. that back straight was very long on my SV or Hawk! Not so much on the CBR1000rr. Never raced the CBR but it was good fun to wring it out at a track day or two there. Glad I got the chance to twist it to the stops on the track...

RRD- you still on the ICR list? I'm too lazy to look it up, but didn't know if you still got the emails....

I prefer the old lay out before they filled in gravity cavity with the kink. My CBR 600 was just about as fast as my GSXR 750 both would pull redline in 6th gear on the back straight so around 160+ MPH coming up to the bridge and carrying a lot of speed. It's safer now with the kink to slow the crowd down before the bridge. Still a fun track. I haven't been racing there since 2008 WERA GNF.

I'm still on the ICR list and read through it. I comment occasionally but enjoy hearing the guys banter on riding, track days and bench racing. If you attend the MOTY spinning sheep award tell the guys I said hello and miss their meetings. I'll need to change that.

Back
Top Bottom