• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trading etiquette and feedback

mikev

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
Good evening gentlemen.
I'm here for about a year but still confused about selling/trading/buying etiquette.
-----
Case 1.
I posted a shotgun to sell, a guy contacted me willing to buy it (no questions about shotgun was asked). Agreed to meet (1 hour drive one way from my place). We arrived, he took a look at shotgun and told me that's not what he wants as the shotgun doesn't have choke. My posting didn't have info about chokes but I mention the make/model. Is that ok?
Case 2.
-----
Another shotgun and another buyer willing to buy and again no questions about the shotgun. Met as agreed, inspected the shotgun and he told me he now wants $XXX off because the shotgun has only one choke. My posting explicitly says the shotgun comes with one choke. Is that ok?
-----
I understand there is no "official" etiquette on ODT and just want to hear what majority think about that: Vox populi vox dei.

Good evening gentlemen.
I'm here for about a year but still confused about selling/trading/buying etiquette.
-----
Case 1.
I posted a shotgun to sell, a guy contacted me willing to buy it (no questions about shotgun was asked). Agreed to meet (1 hour drive one way from my place). We arrived, he took a look at shotgun and told me that's not what he wants as the shotgun doesn't have choke. My posting didn't have info about chokes but I mention the make/model. Is that ok?
Case 2.
-----
Another shotgun and another buyer willing to buy and again no questions about the shotgun. Met as agreed, inspected the shotgun and he told me he now wants $XXX off because the shotgun has only one choke. My posting explicitly says the shotgun comes with one choke. Is that ok?
-----
I understand there is no "official" etiquette on ODT and just want to hear what majority think about that: Vox populi vox dei.

tell em to pound sand and get back in your vehicle.

Good evening gentlemen.
-----
Case 1.
Case 2.
-----
-----

I don’t know about etiquette Or feedback requirements, but that’s some serious Bullsheite right there. If i say i will take it, then that’s the agreement. If i had questions, it’s on me to ask before -not after- people start driving. I’ve never had anything like that happen to me and I’d be pissed if it did.

Case #1 lesson learned
Case #2 you should give him a negative rating because you listed the choke that came with the weapon.
In every future listing you should PM the prospective buyer and ask if they have any questions. Date, Place and Time for meet-up should be done by PM as well.
A paper trail will help prove the agreement.

Back
Top Bottom