• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trading......I’m DONE!

I think of trading the same way i do Texas Holdem. I can pursue any strategy i wish to obtain more chips. Your strategy may differ from mine. Simple as that. Why some hate others simply for the strategy they have is beyond me.

If I was playing a game where the goal is to win, strategy is a great thing. I guess I don’t think of taking advantage of someone to benefit myself as honest (especially when it comes to material things), but I guess I and others don’t understand this because that is not apart of our character.

I have a great friend who will always try to buy things at the dirt bottom price, sell things of his at absolute top dollar, then when someone uses strategy and he gets the short end of the stick, they screwed him, they are dirt bags, he is the victim. But, like my mom always said, the train always comes back to the station. Agree to disagree.

I will say I understand the higher trade value than sale price. Mainly because no matter how many times I say no trade, at least one person will offer something to trade. Trade value is higher because I don’t want to trade but if you insist, it has to have a benefit.

No different than if someone walked up and wanted to buy your truck for its value but you didn’t want to sell. You can always get market value so you need above market value to make it worth it.

If I was playing a game where the goal is to win, strategy is a great thing. I guess I don’t think of taking advantage of someone to benefit myself as honest (especially when it comes to material things), but I guess I and others don’t understand this because that is not apart of our character.

I have a great friend who will always try to buy things at the dirt bottom price, sell things of his at absolute top dollar, then when someone uses strategy and he gets the short end of the stick, they screwed him, they are dirt bags, he is the victim. But, like my mom always said, the train always comes back to the station. Agree to disagree.

how are people being “taken advantage of” exactly? Are people trading against their will or are they children or mentally handicapped?

how are people being “taken advantage of” exactly? Are people trading against their will or are they children or mentally handicapped?

When, as you said your strategy is to get more chips, meaning you are going to come out ahead, I consider that motive taking advantage (why can’t people come out equal and both get a good deal). However, if a person agrees to that, so be it and that is on them. So as I said before....

So the lesson I learned, just go and buy what you want because life is too short to play childish games.

Done!

Back
Top Bottom