• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traffic Citation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you really going 69 in a 45 ?

Did you ask to see the radar ?
He said it was a Laser and I didn't ask him. He had sort of an attitude. He talked to me as if I didn't know about safety. I have driven in Europe for twelve years. Competed in auto events. Twenty years of accident free driving in the military. Twenty years a Letter carrier with a blemish free record and numerous safety awards. I know a little about driving. I even used to be a competitor in The Atlanta sports Car Club for many years.
Of course that doesn't have anything to do with this but I'm just saying. Next week I'll be 84 and thank God I can still wheel the wheel.

He said it was a Laser and I didn't ask him. He had sort of an attitude. He talked to me as if I didn't know about safety. I have driven in Europe for twelve years. Competed in auto events. Twenty years of accident free driving in the military. Twenty years a Letter carrier with a blemish free record and numerous safety awards. I know a little about driving. I even used to be a competitor in The Atlanta sports Car Club for many years.
Of course that doesn't have anything to do with this but I'm just saying. Next week I'll be 84 and thank God I can still wheel the wheel.
So how fast were you going?

Don't drive 24 miles over the speed limit. Slowing down when you saw the Cop might have saved you.

OCGA 40-6-181 is the statute for speeding in Georgia.

Call the court and point out the math error - you might get a break on the fine. Contest the citation at your appearance.

If all else fails, Pay the ticket.
This^^^
That one codes covers any speed.

They tend to get that way you blow by marked cars going 50% over the speed limit.

On my way home from a Dr's appt and physical therapy, I got a ticket. There were two cars on my right and I could see a Sheriffs car about 100yds on the right. I stayed in the left lane and about 300yds down the road I look in my rear view and see blue lights. I moved to the right thinking he had a call and had to get there. He pulled behind me and when he came to the window he said, "I got you at 69 in a 45. I couldn't believe it, but didn't argue the point.
He tries to lecture me on being safe and so on. When I got home I looked up the citation he wrote. It was completely wrong. He had code violation 40-6-181 which is 34mph over the speed limit. I have to go to court in July. The fine is $700.00 and God knows what else.
It's strange because that morning I had just put my radar detector in this vehicle because I was selling my other one. The radar detector didn't make a peep if he hit me with a Laser.
Well I guess I will have to plead my case to the Judge. Any suggestions?
Never mind the specific code citation. Did the officer write 69 MPH in a 45 zone? That's what counts. The judge can do math - or should be able to.

download.jpg

This is a good example of why you should, at minimum, be audio recording interactions with police officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom