• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training here in Ga.

eng208

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve been out of the training circle for a while. I recently got back into shooting after a five year hiatus while I was rebuilding my life. From 2008-14, I attended quite a few top tier national training classes and really enjoyed the hobby. Life happened and just got back to where I could go again. I searched for a legit training program and thought I’d found a premier class based on YouTube research. I paid for my wife and I to attend, even shut down the company for a day. At the class, I was incredibly disappointed at the egotistical mannerisms projected by two of the three instructors. I felt like I was at a show and it was a privilege to watch them shoot fast. Not at all what I had expected or wanted. We basically spent a thousand dollars and my wife had such a bad experience she will probably never go to another organized training event again. I definitely won’t attend another with that organization. Has anyone had good experiences with a trainer in N Ga?
Thanks.

It depends on the kind of shooting you're looking at.

Bill Rogers' place is up in Ellijay has a great reputation. I've not done a course with his firm, but I know a few quite experienced guys who have, reporting back that they thought the course was worth the money.

sorry you had a bad experience. there definitely are some egomaniacs out there.

I have left 2 classes in the last approximate 15 years of training due to combination of instructor ego and safety issues.

Brian Hill of complete combatant is a good local experience I recommend.

bill rogers of rogers shooting school is great, but it is not an environment for basic level shooter that needs instruction. It is a place you show up with a high level skill set and still want to eat your gun after 2 days. It is 2500 rounds shooting fast disappearing steel for 4.5 days

craig douglas of shiv works is amazing

masad ayoob for liability training

Not at all, but he does classes in florida panhandle. he provides training that is really unmatched as far as i have seen. Andrew branca may have similar but i have not experienced yet.

Do not go expecting cutting edge firearm training. Go to soak up 40 or 50 years experience and for legal liability perspective.

I teach at Red Hill Range in Franklin County. I taught in Cisco in September and will probably be teaching there in 2024.
I don't have a 2024 schedule yet as I am making my second trip through grad school, but that should be completed in May.

Brian Hill is in Dahlonega with an active schedule.

My web page:

firstpersonsafety.com

Back
Top Bottom