• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training here in Ga.

What are you looking to learn? What sort of goals do you want the instructor to help you progress toward?

There's a variety of both students and instructors—matching them up is very important. I wouldn't tell everyone who's interested in handgun instruction to come to my classes.

Hey guys. I’ve been out of the training circle for a while. I recently got back into shooting after a five year hiatus while I was rebuilding my life. From 2008-14, I attended quite a few top tier national training classes and really enjoyed the hobby. Life happened and just got back to where I could go again. I searched for a legit training program and thought I’d found a premier class based on YouTube research. I paid for my wife and I to attend, even shut down the company for a day. At the class, I was incredibly disappointed at the egotistical mannerisms projected by two of the three instructors. I felt like I was at a show and it was a privilege to watch them shoot fast. Not at all what I had expected or wanted. We basically spent a thousand dollars and my wife had such a bad experience she will probably never go to another organized training event again. I definitely won’t attend another with that organization. Has anyone had good experiences with a trainer in N Ga?
Thanks.

What are you looking to learn? What sort of goals do you want the instructor to help you progress toward?

There's a variety of both students and instructors—matching them up is very important. I wouldn't tell everyone who's interested in handgun instruction to come to my classes.

I think I want to be more efficient. I can run and gun, shoot steel, shoot from a barricade etc. I feel like I’m at a plateau and need to be evaluated on what will make me just a little smoother in my draw to first shot. Then work on getting smoother with target transition.
A refinement of all my skills. For that, I need good critique. Not just run through some drills to take back to my range.

I'd describe my approach as taking the skills I learn as a USPSA competitor and refining my presentation of them to students so that they can get to where I am with less time and money than it took me. My classes change every time I teach them as I become a better shooter and instructor. Generally I'm teaching straight-up performance shooting that applies to both sport and LEO shooting, but I've been surprised with the enthusiastic feedback I've gotten from LEOs who've taken my class on shooting USPSA stages (that's a topic for another thread).

Class descriptions: link.

Instagram videos: link.

My remaining open-enrollment classes for 2023 are full but I'll be fitting in some private training here and there. Contact me if interested!

Back
Top Bottom