• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Transferring a suppressor from private owner to private owner...

I’ve done it twice. Fill out the paperwork, send it to the ATF. You can’t bring it home until your stamp arrives at the seller’s House. Pretty simple. It’s tough buying it and leaving it behind, but no different if it were a store.

You and the seller would need to fill out a form 4, attach fingerprints, photos, tax stamp funds and trust and RP questionnaires (if applying as a trust).

You do not want to involve a dealer, as it would cost $200 + time to transfer to the dealer and another $200 + time to transfer to you. A dealer cannot just facilitate the transfer without having it transferred to them first.

You and the seller would need to fill out a form 4, attach fingerprints, photos, tax stamp funds and trust and RP questionnaires (if applying as a trust).

You do not want to involve a dealer, as it would cost $200 + time to transfer to the dealer and another $200 + time to transfer to you. A dealer cannot just facilitate the transfer without having it transferred to them first.
Now that is the kind of information I love seeing on ODT...thank you sir!

I think I know the answer already, but, if I create a trust with me, my wife and children, can I also add grandchildren [teenagers] with the stipulation that when they attain majority they are covered by the trust as well?

You might want to talk to our local West Cobb / East Paulding suppressor dealer that is on here sometimes He’s a good guy and might be able to help you for a nominal fee. I hesitate to post his name but he’s always been great for me ! If you want shoot me a PM .

Back
Top Bottom