• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traveling to Disneyworld with CWL

Yep, you'll get wanded. Don't bring your gun or knife in to the park itself. Your room is fine. Ask my how I got my knife taken at the gate. But at least I got it back at the end of the day when I left.

I believe Jeddak Jeddak , just returned from there.
Yep, came back on Saturday. All parks had metal detectors and ALL bags were searched, even purses.
Walk thru metal detectors were used on people without bags (bypassed it only once in Epcot, was told to go thru the other 3 or 4 times I was in Epcot, no exceptions in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood studios). I was wanded several times. DW resort had a safe, I left my CCW locked up there. We stayed at Port Orleans.
We spent 6 days in DW. PM me with any questions. We did not go to Disney Springs, but wiped out other parks, 135K steps later.
Epcot had the best restaurants. Norwegian (Arkhesus) and German restaurants were to die for.
Hope you have a dining plan. Our average dinner bill was $250-280 for 3 adults and 3 kids before tips. Dining plan saved out butts. "Be Our Guest" restaurant/castle (Beauty and the Beast) has a DP Quick Service lunch , but you need to reserve ahead of time. If you have a daughter, it is a must do. Mine still gushes over it.

Your tickets are active the moment you check into the resort. We drove down the day before the stay, stayed off the property, checked in at 8 AM, left van parked at the resort and did Hollywood studios and StarWars.
If you check in the evening, you just wasted that day's tickets.

Yes I know, but it is the "high end" I am trying to avoid as my tribe of 5 heads that way lol
I feel that. The high end stuff is usually for adults and it's all been added in the last few years. It used to be called "Downtown Disney" as it was a smaller venue, but as it has expanded, they've called it "Disney Springs," I assume after the water feature in the lagoon. If you have girls the princess makeover at Bippity Bippty Bop is fun. Good luck...and most important thing, rest and don't stay in the park all day. They aren't going to have fun, and neither are you, if everybody is hot and miserably tired.

My brother in law just took his family down a few weeks ago. He said everyone was getting wanded and searched. But he said strollers were barely looked it and he could have stashed his pistol in it.
I feel that. The high end stuff is usually for adults and it's all been added in the last few years. It used to be called "Downtown Disney" as it was a smaller venue, but as it has expanded, they've called it "Disney Springs," I assume after the water feature in the lagoon. If you have girls the princess makeover at Bippity Bippty Bop is fun. Good luck...and most important thing, rest and don't stay in the park all day. They aren't going to have fun, and neither are you, if everybody is hot and miserably tired.
Amen to that - my kids still remaining at home are all in their teens now, so none of the cool little kid stuff- its all about rides mostly. But I do have some young grandkids, and they will be the next trip I take there if I go again.

They are just definitely anti gun.

They do have metal detectors and wands at park entrances. Some are off duty cops, others are not the most motivated and thorough security personnel.

All of the above. We went earlier this year and I was wanded at Epcot but not at Animal Kingdom. However a friend of mine later was alerted by a K9 there. He took his pistol back to the room and forgot about his Spyderco in in front pocket. So after an hour of travel back and forth, he gave up his Spyderco. Apparently the female guard made a BIG deal out of it by announcing to everyone there that "He's got a pocket knife!!!" Really over the top reaction the way he explained it.

It was a female guard that got worked up with my tool as well.

We went last year and stayed off property across the street from Disney Springs. I concealed in Disney Springs because we walked there a couple of blocks. There were a handful of unarmed mall cops in there. The parks you might as well forget it as already stated. We took the Disney buses from the hotel to the parks. We did Magic Kingdom 2 days, Animal Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios. All purses, coolers, and backpacks were thoroughly searched. Got metal detected. They even made us take our son out of the stroller to search it. They did start letting a lot of people bypass the metal detectors at Animal Kingdom at rope drop for some reason. I carried my Surefire E2D Defender flashlight to the parks and nothing was ever said about it. It has the serrated edge around the lens. Good for blinding someone and splitting their forehead. :thumb:

I don't get it. Why go somewhere when you hate their policies? I would love to see the Celtic Women at the Fox. It will never happen. Not even for free. Due to their weapons policy. I don't travel through any state that does not honor Ga weapons license. I boycott many places for their policies. Not just gun policies, either. My wife likes Belks. I no longer buy her gifts there since They threw out Ivanka Trump's line of clothes right after the election. Suck it in, guys.

Back
Top Bottom