• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree Service quote. Fair or high?

Call Squirrel Tree Service at 404-397-5820. They're out of Cumming and do fantastic work. When they come out and give you a quote, counter offer at a much lower price. Worked for me and got my work done on the cheap.

I wouldn't pay a nickel over a grand. I had one pine removed earlier this year and it was $400, hauled away and stump ground. I say $1000, because they are altogether and can be done as a group.

A lot depends on what's around them. If they can just cut them done from the ground that's way too high. If power lines, house, etc means they have to climb the trees or use bucket truck then price goes way up.

Your yard looks to nice for a bucket truck.

Back when I did this we would have climbed and roped down the limbs from the two that are leaning toward the house into a big pile at the base of the tree. Then cut the trunk into sections and push them off so they fall into the pile. The limbs and branches break their fall and leave minimal damage in the yard. The other trunk would be easier. Letting them fall into the pile or roping some of the further out limbs.

Doing it that way takes more time, more tedious cleanup and costs more but leaves a minimal impact on the yard.

I never bid the jobs though. I was just the grunt help when I was home from college in the summers.

Because of the storms there is a big demand for tree service, ergo high quotes. If you can wait 60-90 days you may get a better quote.

Definitely wait a few months. I paid $600 to have 3 pines removed from my front yard seversl years ago. That was a clean drop with nothing in the way. I paid $1100 to have a monster of a sweet gum removed from the backyard of my mother's house. About 20 foot from the house, climbing to remove in sections, and a section of the fence had to be removed. I got 3 quotes and asked for copies of insurance papers etc.

Well so far I have received 2 more quotes.
Another for $2,350 & $4,496.

Thank you for your input and advice. I will keep this thread updated with new quotes. Metro Atlanta prices are ridiculous....

If you are in Sandy Springs you are going to see a higher price than someone more rural as well. Dunwoody, East Cobb, Buckhead, Peachtree Corners, etc. are generally bid higher than other areas for a lot of outdoor work.

Back
Top Bottom