trends today..Patina or shiny like show room

I hate to tell ya. But some of those "fake" finishes are more expensive than the nice shiny ones.
I mean there are **** jobs, and there is a quality custom job. The good black paint on the quality builds is expensive. I prices it for a project several year ago... I decided on a different color. Seems like it was 5times higher than the standard gloss black.
I agree that some of those custom jobs making it look old and rusty or faded are incredibly expensive. That's why I think it's so stupid. Then you get the guys that think their rusty yard art is now worth the big bucks because they already have the look... oh well, whatever makes them happy. I'll walk right past and on to the straight and shiny ones.

I seen this trend happening in the music industry..lets take a brand new guitar and through it against the wall to chip the paint and then sand frett board to make it look like it was played and then charge more for it ..i just dont get it..when i go to sell my busted up junk...i cant even get a PM
Same could be said about blue jeans! Selling brand new $$$xpensive jeans with holes in them to look old. Then again, if its a skinny chick wearing them, more holes the better! :p

Fat chicks in tight jeans, hell no! :twitch:

Last edited:
I guess im always going to be out of phase with the current trend my ..**** is crap and your crap is always worth more is what i have found in the past..i just like shiny..I had an old used car sales friend that used to tell me "if its shiny they wont care how it runs"

all depends on teh car and the plans. for the most part i like shiny much more but have seen a few great rusty rat rods, but i feel like coins blades or anything similar the "patina" has got to be original. if you took a fine looking car and made it rusty your an idiot but grabbing an old pickup outta the barn thats been used for the past 60 years, thats a whole other story. Again i do generally prefer bright and shiny but theres just always been something appealing to me about grabbing an old rusted out f100 and completely redoing the mechanics while leaving body paint the same

all depends on teh car and the plans. for the most part i like shiny much more but have seen a few great rusty rat rods, but i feel like coins blades or anything similar the "patina" has got to be original. if you took a fine looking car and made it rusty your an idiot but grabbing an old pickup outta the barn thats been used for the past 60 years, thats a whole other story. Again i do generally prefer bright and shiny but theres just always been something appealing to me about grabbing an old rusted out f100 and completely redoing the mechanics while leaving body paint the same
true that on equipment that "earned" its patina then its legit and especially fire arms that eared it ..just watch it will be the next going thing in fire arms a well rusted Gen 5 glock or something

Back
Top Bottom